RUFF RIDER Live Sodus Report July 27-30 2017 SALMON SLAM

A lesson I continue to teach Theresa... reel until you see the lure if you think a fish got off!

She thought she lost the fish and stopped reeling and handed me the pole. I grabbed it and it almost took my arm off as it swam at the boat and under our riggers. I start yelling it is in the rigger, next thing I know she nets it... haha what a mess!

Nick,

Thanks for the updates

i am headed to Arneys in the am 

if you were me what depth would you start in?

thanks again

i have been doing good right in 160 feet of water hate to leave the line but what I read says big fish are out deep, what do you think?

thanks

Pat

Nick,
Thanks for the updates
i am headed to Arneys in the am 
if you were me what depth would you start in?
thanks again
i have been doing good right in 160 feet of water hate to leave the line but what I read says big fish are out deep, what do you think?
thanks
Pat

If you are looking for big fish, I would head to 600fow. However, some folks were catching bigger fish in 200fow as well. I found the bigger fish today, judging by the massive marks on my fish finder, but I couldnt get them to go.

pappy start in 450 and troll north we did all our fish right around 520 fow today two big ones and a couple smaller fish to keep us busy we were just east of hughes

Nick,

Did pretty good today. Didn't set first line until just before 7 and had a decent king in the boat by 7:30. I stayed in the 200/225 foot range trying to work west working in and out, ended up with 6 good hookups and landed 4. All kings two in the low 20's two small ones, two runners escaped. Riggers and dipseys, no real pattern, color was green. The only real interesting note was temp, at 160 feet down 80 water was 50 degrees at 200 feet, down 80 it was 44, that was where the fish were!

FYI