Oak Orchard Questions

Hi everyone.  I'm from Ohio and fish the area a ton in the fall, winter, and spring in the streams and Niagara River, but haven't done much on Lake O in about 10 years.  I'm heading up that way next week for a business trip and towing along my boat and my dad who's retired.  We're going to try to fish the lake out of Oak Orchard on Tuesday, and I'd really appreciate a few pointers to get started.  I'm not looking for anyone's secret sauce, just any tips anyone is willing to share to get us started and hopefully get my dad into a fish or 2.  I have an 18' Tracker and good trolling rods & reels with line counters.  I've got plenty of dipseys, jets, snap weights, spin doctors, and boards and all the necessary spoons, flies, etc...unfortunately, no riggers.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

I fished the oak Thursday. There was a real great bite out a little east of the harbor over 500fow. With the east wind the last two days fishing will probably be tough for any inshore action

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Oak Orchard Questions Hi everyone.  I'm from Ohio and fish the area a ton in the fall, winter, and spring in the streams and Niagara River, but haven't done much on Lake O in about 10 years.  I'm heading up that way next week for a business trip and towing along my boat and my dad who's retired.  We're going to try to fish the lake out of Oak Orchard on Tuesday, and I'd really appreciate a few pointers to get started.  I'm not looking for anyone's secret sauce, just any tips anyone is willing to share to get us started and hopefully get my dad into a fish or 2.  I have an 18' Tracker and good trolling rods & reels with line counters.  I've got plenty of dipseys, jets, snap weights, spin doctors, and boards and all the necessary spoons, flies, etc...unfortunately, no riggers.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Jrich,
Oak is my home port, I fished there this morning.... inside was bath water down to 95ft. We trolled north and found good temp and a nice mix of kings and steelies from 300 -350 fow. We had 51 degrees down 70ft. Our 150 and 180 divers on a 1.5 setting divers were our best rods today with SD flys and meat rigs. Hope this helps. Good luck !

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app