Fair Haven 7/26 & 7/27

We're camping at the state park this week, but it's been difficult to get out with all the rain and wind. 

Wednesday we got out both morning and evening. We took mostly small kings, including a few skippys, working from 150 fow to 500. Plenty of other boats in the morning, but it seemed many were searching. We couldn't find any good marks. My cousin from Seattle was out for the second consecutive year, and so we were hoping to get him a nice king like last year, but it wasn't to be. We did get one 8 or 9 lbs.

Thursday afternoon we went out after the rains and the wind died some, but there were still 3 foot rollers from the nw to start. We set up in 60 fow, and trolled north, thinking maybe we'd see some browns. Other boats started to motor out, heading deeper. We marked a waypoint with a nice screen of marks in 75 fow, but no takers. So we headed north with the rest. We trolled all the way to 250, with a baby brown and a skippy king to show for it. 

Turned and began the slow troll back to port, to our previous waypoint, and the fish were still there, and it included kings!  We made 5 or 6 passes, and had a fish almost every time. We would have worked it more, but no time. My niece did a great job reeling in her first mature king ( with the assistance of my brother).  We took two 20 lbers and one at 10. 

We took fish on a wire dipsy with a dark green spin doctor with fluorescent green dots and fly, out 190; a magnum carbon 14; a magnum pro king spoon in green and white; and a stingray in blue and yellow was a break off at the leader.

We only had one meat rig out over the couple days, but we think it got hit just once ( no hookup).

20170727_185858.jpg