Boat ramp manners

11 hours ago, FishingTheFL said:

I snack out behind a guy Sunday. Couldn't tell if he was mad that i squeezed my old beat up truck and ugly between his shiny new truck and boat... He cod of pulled ahead another 30' and would been easier. I know there were a few impressed people.

Sent from my VS425PP using Lake Ontario United mobile app

i was at deans  sunday morning that place was pack. i in came at noon and got loaded with out waiting . ( got lucky ) there was trailers park in the grass going up to the road . seen one guy sunk 1 1/2 in the ground , (he had a 4x4 so he got out with no problem. ) i think the state should put another dock in there . be real nice they make another ramp . make a mini long point ....

Edited by fisherdude

There use to be another dock so people could get off at it to go to the bath room or get vechiles... Idk why they took it down... Was only a temp dock, maybe 10 years ago or more now... Gotta say... Town politicians are lacking common sense just like the state and feds...

I would say painting "in" on one side and "out" on the other would be a good idea but some people can't seem to notice the sign that says " Pay parking fee " on the way to the dock, or the kiosk right next to the stairs... Maybe if they paint it in lifted letters so they trip over it a bit they might be able to notice [emoji23]

Sent from my VS425PP using Tapatalk

Yesterday a guy unloaded at the Conesus boat launch.  1st he used the wrong side and launched (unloaded) at the loading side of the launch.Then he and his crew decided to leave the boat there and come back and launch the boat an hour later. Needless to say he tied things up for boats trying to load between 10:15 to 11:15 AM. Inconsiderate or ignorant or both?

today when i came in to load up at port bay there was couple of guys fishing on the dock . they pick up their lines and help land my boat on the dock . they were polite and nice to catch with . so i open up my cooler and gave them a king to take home . better to smile and get a long with each other than start throwing words at each other ...