pancake weights--HELP!!!!!!!

purchased a set of 13# pancake weights from Cabela's,ran them on cayuga lake today. WHAT A MESS they made after 20 min. one of them wants to wobble from side to side the other one wants to track out to the starboard side(this is the one i put out on the port) does anyone have a fix for these problems or should i send them back or melt them down? lake was dead calm at 5 am. so i don't think it was from any current.

purchased a set of 13# pancake weights from Cabela's,ran them on cayuga lake today. WHAT A MESS they made after 20 min. one of them wants to wobble from side to side the other one wants to track out to the starboard side(this is the one i put out on the port) does anyone have a fix for these problems or should i send them back or melt them down? lake was dead calm at 5 am. so i don't think it was from any current.

Final Flight;

Do yourself a favor and contact Sharon at Narby's for either a 12lb,14lb, or 16lb Troll Rite Downrigger weight. Tapered ball to keel design makes tracking the way it should be - straight!

Narbys Superette

1292 Oak Orchard Rd.

Kent NY 14477

585-682-4624

http://www.narbys.com/

[email protected]

gx2Exrn9.jpg

aV2lzvgr.jpg

scott, will be on the lake wed. with the guy i buoght the boat from, if you would leave them on your table i'll pick them up before we head out.had a good catch day on sat. 3 very nice lakers, 22" landlock and a 18"brownie. the big lakers were 110' down over 300+ salmon and brown came out of 80' up before power plant. white/glow cracked ice spindoctor with proctologist. lots of small lakers in the 80' range so i moved out and had a ball with bigger fish. seemed to like the east/west or west/east troll the best. BLOW boats were all over and they were justa ****in on the radio. felt kinda nice to be a pain in there side for once.had to be me i was the only "pretty blue boat" out in that area.if you want a few bucks for them let me know or leave a bill on the table, and by the way HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!!!

Final, hate to say it- but if both the sharks and pancake weights are crossing something else I.M.O. has to be the matter. There is a common occurance. How are you running your corner riggers? You running these straight back or off to the sides as out downs? If so far long of a boom you using? Again, have you tried the directional weights?-Duane

you need too just tune them in , just like what ray K said bend the tail fins so they spread out , i use them with out a problem , i have the 12.5 from A-tom-ik and love them , i can move them out away from the boat too open my spead up some ! J ROSS

My opinion,for what it's worth is to buy yourself some 13lb Torpedo weights.

After lots of tangles with pancacke weights,i switched to the torpedos,and have'nt had a single problem.

Been running them for about five years,and love them,they track perfectly,and are very reasonably priced.

You can get them from Tom at Atomik.He ships them quick and inexpensively.