Morning vs Afternoon bite

Afternoon can be very good especially when during full moon cycles.

The last couple hours of daylight can be some of the best and most productive fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I always fish in the morning, because of the afternoon storms that come up at times, and I don't like messing around in the dark to retrieve the boat and clean fish etc. But I know that wasn't what you asked, so I'll shut up.

6 hours ago, bout time said:

Afternoon can be very good especially when during full moon cycles.

The last couple hours of daylight can be some of the best and most productive fishing.

On the west side of the lake (Olcott) since late june I have seen no advantage to getting up and on the lake by dawn.  Find the right down temp and the bait and its on.  

bout time - That is a great bit of info for me as fishing for salmon on the west coast/washington state during a full moon is worst time no matter what time of day.  I have followed the same assumption here in NY but I have 0 evidence to back it up, just assumed....  Thank You for the tip!

So if you are new to trolling for the Kings it sound like fishing in the afternoon until sunset is the best time. However being a small boat owner (16'), and assuming no afternoon storms would you recommend this? One of my concern is the less boat traffic. Less help if something goes wrong. Would be going out of Oswego hopefully within the next two weeks or so. I wish i knew other people going up so I had a buddy system. Any suggestion or comments appreciated.