IBAY 8/16 - Lowerance x-19 Question

Started fishing about 9am in about 80 - 110 and took 2 bows (about 8 lbs) and 1 laker (9 lb). Bows can off on 42 lure free slide cheater about 30 down and laker came off NK purple thunder at 75. temp was about 70 down but no kings.

Only have down speed / temp and gps - no graph. For some reason, my X19 lowerance does not graph deeper than 30 feet. Also, depth cursor starts flashing. Works great until it gets deeper than 30 feet then depth cursor starts flashing and no bottom. Graph has worked great for 3 years. I adjusted tranducer (50/200) angle several times and tested w/o boat running but same results. I suspect the tranducer is shot but not sure if it's the graph.

Any HELP would be great. If anyone runs an X19 and would be willing to take my graph and test that would be GREAT! Appreciate any insight. I may try and replace tranducer but did not want to waste $150 if graph is fautly.

Thanks

i have a x-52. when mine does that it is the settings in the menu.i usually have it set on auto-depth.about twice a year it re-sets itself,picks a depth range,say 60ft and when you past that the bottom dis-appears. before you do anything else,check the settings in the menu.

I had the same problems with a X-19c and sent the whole unit in for service. All Lowrance changed was a new 50/200 hz transducer and the unit worked ok.

This year I replaced the 50/200hz transducer with a single freq. 200 hz and I have seen a lot better picture, more detail. The 200 hz transducer is smaller than the 50/200 so you will have to mount new brackets if you go this way. Best price I found was at byownerelectronics.com.

mudflat

you like the 200 better?? I found the opposite. I love the 50 better. More quality picture, better archs and I can track all 4 downrigger balls. I can also watch the fish zoom up and check out the downrigger balls in real time. But when its on 200 I don't see any of that. Not sure why??????

I used to run an x-19 on my old boat. Sold the boat and I got a brand new transducer in the box. If you need a new transducer I'll let it go for $50.00. Pretty sure I paid about $120.00 for it. Tag on the cable says

HST-WSX wide angle. Lowrance part # is 000-016-35.

Call my cell if interested. 413-519-3019. I'll be up in Mexico all next week.

Now that I think of it it might have been an x-91. Not sure it was awhile ago.

Glen

I could never get a good picture on 50hz with my x-19, had difficulty even holding a bottom reading, seemed like a lot of interference. The 50/200 transducer worked ok on the 200hz setting but maybe I needed to spend more time tweaking the settings for the 50hz.

I was told Lowrance had some problems with the dual frequency transducer in that model and that the single 200hz worked better and cost less so I gave it a try and I do see a better picture now.