Running large slasher type flashers

Running large slasher type flashers

I've been messing around a little with running the large slasher flashers with meat rigs on divers and copper off the boards. Got a couple simple questions: If they have starboard printed on them I'm assuming that means starboard as you are facing the bow. Also what happens if you run a starboard slasher on the port side- do they actually work towards the boat potentially causing tangles? Last but not least if the tail points to starboard doesn't that mean it should be deployed on the port side? Thanks

I think it's more of a marketing thing than anything.... They make them like that so they rotate in different directions running a port on starboard will not create tangles. I have been running oki kingfishers, big weenies etc on both sides , even have a set of the JK paddles.. fish don't seem to care what the rotation is most of the time and haven't noticed a difference in ratio on port vs. Starboard

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Many of the manufacturers only make their slashers to rotate in one direction. John King sells them in pairs to rotate opposite directions(port/starboard). In my experiments so far it seems like the slasher flashers have done better than big paddles pulling meat during the mid day doldrums so I thought I'd look into the directional thing and see if I was missing something which it doesn't seem like I was.

Whether you go right or left out of port is more important than the right/left rotation of the flasher.  A circle spun in either direction is still a circle.

10 minutes ago, Gill-T said:

Whether you go right or left out of port is more important than the right/left rotation of the flasher.  A circle spun in either direction is still a circle.

lol

i happen to be a big fan of these and usually have one in the water at all times. one thing i can say is i definitely catch far more fish on them when on a rigger right close to the ball than i do on copper or diver. not saying copper or diver doesnt work they absolutely do just catch more when run on rigger