Lowrance Globalmap 5200C GPS not working

bobby416n

Lowrance Globalmap 5200C GPS not working

I have an older Lowrance Globalmap 5200C that the GPS puck is not repsonding anymore. I have  hummingbird GPS puck but it has different connectors. I am curious if anyone knows if I can link the Hummingbird through the NMEA connectors on the Lowrance? A new puck for the Lowrance is close to two hundred dollars. I can buy a new complete lower end Lowrance fish/GPS combo with internal GPS for less than $200. Do the new Lowrance like the Hook-4 allow use of the Navionics card? 

Is there a cheaper version like the SA-320 GPS that will work and what do I need to hook this up to my Globalmap 5200C? I want to find out somehow if it is my unit that is bad or is it the GPS puck that is bad and needs a new one.

I don't want to sound cheap , but I don't want to spend a lot of money getting this unit working again if I can buy a newer unit and serve the same purpose. I am on a limited budget with a teenager going into college this fall. 

Any insight from the guys that know these units well would be greatly appreciated.

I found one for my buddy, and it was from a guy on here!! And I think he said he had others, I know the price he wanted was $75.-100? I'll look back through my emails, what color is the plug and how many pins does it have?? PAP. Bottom feeder has a HDI 7 hook like brand new for $400.00 ! The hooks like my HDI uses the Navionics chip (the micro chip).

Edited by pap