New to Salmon fishing

bigtedd

New to Salmon fishing

Hey folks,

Ive been fishing for bass, walleye, and pike for years. Mostly in the BOQ area. I live in Halton Hills and want to try and take advantage of the big game fishin around the oakville to port hope area.

I have a Lund Rebel 1650 . To be honest i sort of baby it when I am fishing for bass and pike. I havent really beat it up too bad or tested her in rough waters.

My question would be: Do you think this vessel can handle this type of fishing in the  Oakville to Port Hope area, in reasonable weather conditions? It is just a 16.5 ft boat...I am wondering if it may be too small.

Thanks everyone!

New to Salmon fishing Hey folks,

Ive been fishing for bass, walleye, and pike for years. Mostly in the BOQ area. I live in Halton Hills and want to try and take advantage of the big game fishin around the oakville to port hope area.

I have a Lund Rebel 1650 . To be honest i sort of baby it when I am fishing for bass and pike. I havent really beat it up too bad or tested her in rough waters.

My question would be: Do you think this vessel can handle this type of fishing in the  Oakville to Port Hope area, in reasonable weather conditions? It is just a 16.5 ft boat...I am wondering if it may be too small.

Thanks everyone!

Just pick yours days and no boat is to small for big water I have spent a ton of days on big water in boats under 18 foot. That boat can handle any water you can. I would not be worried any day to take it out just it's alot easier and more comfortable on nice days. Small boats just Bob along on top of the waves no danger of your smart just not comfy if it's to bad..

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app