oswego 8/1, 8/2

on 8/1 got on water around 10, fished till 7. We got 6 kings and 2 steely's. Fished 400 FOW-550 FOW. Riggers from 80ft-95ft took fish with flasher and flies. Dipsey's 240 and 300 took fish also with FF. MY fish hawk probe not working both days , so I was fishing blind. 8/2 got on the water around 5;30 am. we boxed out before noon with 9 fish. 7 kings and 2 nice steely's. same program as first day. This is going to be a great year. 

That steely was 13 lbs , my buddy got a 16 lb steely. In the. Picture of the rack . I got it on go pro jumping behind the boat . I need to load it up on utube.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Heading back up Monday morning to fish . Any reports out there. Still fishing with no probe . Fish hawk is sending a new one , but not here yet . Thanks

p3434, I am assuming you are using MAG Dipsy when you are saying 300 feet out correct? Also assuming wire Dipsy's correct? Thanks, still trying to make my first trip up to OZ with my own boat. Thanks for the info.

Fishbowl we were both running #1 dipseys off wire on #1 setting. I ran 300/350 last week but had 160' cable out on riggers to get good temp. The week before we were running dipseys at 210/240 since temp was much higher. This week hopefully temp will come back up. He's there now so maybe he can get you a depth. I won't be back for another 10 days. Good luck. 

Thank you for the clarification. Was thinking about going up tomarrow morning but going to hold off due to the storms. Hopefully soon. I really want to try hooking a king out on the boat trolling. Been flyfishing for them for years in the rivers but just started trolling about four years ago. Thanks again.

• 2 years later...

Hey p3 u have pretty much the only one that has answered my questions! And I REALLY APPRECIATE IT! I mean I get it most guys don’t wanna share things completely understandable! I have a trip planned aug 9,10,11 some quality time with my son! We are staying at red roof inn was planning on launching in Oswego! Just a little nervous this is the first time with my own boat on Lake Ontario! So I’ll take any advice I can get! I’d even travel to a different launch I’m up for anything! I have to rods,reels with wire and dipsys, and 2 down riggers rods and an assortment of spin doctors,flies,spoons,meat rigs

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

2 hours ago, Dirt said:

Hey p3 u have pretty much the only one that has answered my questions! And I REALLY APPRECIATE IT! I mean I get it most guys don’t wanna share things completely understandable! I have a trip planned aug 9,10,11 some quality time with my son! We are staying at red roof inn was planning on launching in Oswego! Just a little nervous this is the first time with my own boat on Lake Ontario! So I’ll take any advice I can get! I’d even travel to a different launch I’m up for anything! I have to rods,reels with wire and dipsys, and 2 down riggers rods and an assortment of spin doctors,flies,spoons,meat rigs

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Dirt they will be staging here soon so don't worry as much about the temp. Fish the marks as they will be coming out of their temp to get bait. We haven't fished Oz this year just Mexico. I know they're doing work at Wrights but from what I've read the ramp is open. The nice thing about Oz is it gets deeper faster there than Mexico. I'd say to start around 150 FOW with riggers between 80-100', dipseys back 240 and 300 on number 1 setting and troll out, again watching for marks and adjust as you go. I like F/F or SD/F when they start to stage, glow and white early morning, chrome combos later if sunny. Ask around the tackle shops and at the launch. Some people don't like to share but there are a lot of us that will. Good luck to you guys!

• Like 1