Hot Lure

Hot Lure

Good afternoon All,

What's the hot lure been this season? Last year we did well will Brads super bait in mountain doo and white protroll with mirage fly. Let me know what I should stock up on before I head out that way in a couple weeks.

Thanks!

Minion sodus paddle with minion flo bot meat rig

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

dark green and silver Egypt with an ultra Green Glow fly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

20170730_064503.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Fished point breeze Sunday thru Wednesday. Hot lure on Sunday was white double crush glow spin doctor with stud fly. Monday and Tuesday was chrome two face spin doctor with green crinkle fly. Wednesday was moonshine flounder pounder magnum spoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

gator spin doc with crinkle green atomik fly has hands down been killing it for me this year and not to sound like a broken record but but double crush with glow stud fly

Decently productive spoons this year are SS drunken waddler as well as Michigan NBK stingray usually paired with mountain dew spin docs

16 minutes ago, letsfish2day said:

What length leader you using? Weve caught most our fish on them.

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

what length do you use? I don't have the stud fly but i have some that I tied myself using stuff from Purple Taco. I have some blue ohee mirage, and some green mirage tied up. Have caught a few, but most luck has been on spoons. I use 23 inch leaders on flies, and 36 on spoons, if they are behind a paddle, or SD.  Also having decent luck on a plain spoon, no paddle or SD at all, fished 6-8 feet behind the ball, which has two yakima spin flashers attached directly to it, daisy chained. Best spoon sunday was Moonshine atomic melon. It was bent all to hell every time, (thin metal I guess) and I straightened by hand best I could, and sent her back down, got 5 of our 6 fish on it.