Don't confuse whole bait ( typically alewives) with cutbait (typically fillets of sliced of herring). You usually have to fish whole bait with a bait head that has a single hook in front of the treble to pull the whole bait into a slight curve to get the right rolling action. Cut bait is usually fished with a bait head that has only a treble and the bait head itself is designed to give the rig the right roll. You mix and match these setups but it's a good idea to have the differences in mind before you start getting creative.

I just started running it... Nothing will outfight real meat. However having MC Rockets on the boat will be a mainstay. No rotting, no freezing or refrigerating, etc. I ran mine the other day it took 4 Kings and still looks brand new. Worth the investment in my opinion. FB_IMG_1501640802091.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have Been fishing meat for a lot of years. Rhys Davis was THE best cut bait ever. He got out of the US market when VHS raised its ugly head. He would not change his prep methods I have tried every imitation cut bait product. I have a ton of Big Weenie stuff. Think I may have taken one king on it. Probably on a day they would hit a tin can I can say that NOTHING outfishes the real thing. Some brands are better than others. Don't cheap out. Buy the best IMG_1383.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks. Where did you get them?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I ordered online from them direct. Great company. I ordered 15 or 20 and the owner left me a note with a couple free. They also have a metal spine that makes them tunable. They are not cheap at face value , however the fact they last for a ton of fish makes them a good deal. Also, I put Kishels scent on mine.
Let's face it, salmon bite artificial lures. So using artificial meat is not a gamble. Present it right in the right conditions and they'll whack it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I started using the MC Rockets. Like Jeremy said. I bought about a dozen bodies to try out and the owner also put in a letter and a couple free bodies to try. Have a informative website and videos. They catch kings. I recommend u go with the regular size bodies. The mag size are to big and needs material removed to get them into the bait head.  Have not tried scents with them yet.  My thought is to put a small wade of cotton soaked with canned herring fillet oil in the bait head. hopefully I get a chance to test it out yet this year.

I have Been fishing meat for a lot of years. Rhys Davis was THE best cut bait ever. He got out of the US market when VHS raised its ugly head. He would not change his prep methods I have tried every imitation cut bait product. I have a ton of Big Weenie stuff. Think I may have taken one king on it. Probably on a day they would hit a tin can I can say that NOTHING outfishes the real thing. Some brands are better than others. Don't cheap out. Buy the best IMG_1383.thumb.JPG.4264cf59a91ba40da0dbbe11f131eb62.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

True story there is nothing on the market today that could hold a candle to the ryhs davis strips!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Lake Ontario United mobile app