Dunkirk Sunday

Gill-T

Dunkirk Sunday

Anybody fishing out of Dunkirk lately with a good program want to share details?  PM if you don't want it public knowledge.  Towing up to Dunkirk for annual Erie trip.  Thank You.

FYI that the Con Club Tournament wraps up Sunday 8/6 in Dunkirk.  If lake is fisheable the ramp will probably be busy.  Couple that with the unsettled weather and it might be wise to look at an alternate date/other port.  Fishing has been good-lots of short fish to sort through-when you can get out.

It's a three day event-started Friday so it wraps up Sunday early afternoon. Think it's a 100 boat field so ramp could be busy.  Shouldn't be hard to see where guys are if they get out.

Bunch of small walleyes so far. The fleet must be off Barcelona. Warm water everywhere. Have not bothered to put trout gear out with 74 degree water all the way to bottom

AAAHH man I was wondering what the hell this storm was going to bring about, meaning water temp. Everything was starting to setup and give us a good couple of weeks, before the Kings start to stage. Even for the fall bite where your at for the eyes. I hope you find better water with active fish. Good luck and tight lines to you.

Pulled lines at 1:30. The tally was 13 keepers, 4 shorts and a couple of silver bass. Took awhile to figure the bite out but 0 fish on worm harnesses, 0 fish on leadcore and sticks, all rigger and dipsy bite with small spoons. Northport Nailer in 3.25" size in a perch pattern and Northport Nailer Wild Thing spoons took almost all the fish. Size was small from 3 lbs to 15.5". Good for eating but not for fighting. Riggers around 68'-75'. Standard dipsy out 250' and mags out 225'. Good future class of fish. They were spitting up YOY alewives. 

Edited by Gill-T

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for posting. I know walleye guys are not usually forthcoming with info. After my original posting, I noticed a few postings on LEU that mimicked my program with good results. Keep the info flowing!  

wE GOT A FEW NICE WALLEYE LAST NIGHT NEARBY IN SODUS BUT iM ICHING FOR Lake Erie trip.

I m catching many nice kings here also but dont want to miss out on Lake Erie before it slows.Anyone from the rochester area who has tackle and know how on Erie is welcome to go with me next week good weather permiting.Id also like to go for a fewdays to take the time to catch .My fish we caught last night were on husky jerks in the shalows off drop offs

I smashed walleye out of Barcelona on Saturday.  Kept my 24 keepers and threw a bunch back as well.  About 4miles east of the harbor.  90-130fow.  70ft down.  Any purple bait was on fire.  Harnesses, stick baits, spoons, spin-n-glows.  I had to zig around to find cold water, but when I found 68 degrees every rod would fire.

• 3 weeks later...

So it would appear this massive year class of Walleye extends from Ohio to Buffalo with everyone reporting similar size and similar results. They are feeding as competition is fierce. The bottom hugging fish have small gobies in their bellies and the suspended fish YOY alewives or Gizzard Shad. Hopefully there is enough food in the system to support the fish. They have to be in direct competition with the perch schools. 

Stupid easy fishing still off the Catt in 80'. Riggers, dipsys, three-way rigs......don't matter what you use as long as near bottom. Small worm harnesses and Warrior flutter spoons in UV perch pattern. 30 fish in less than two hours. 

Stupid easy fishing still off the Catt in 80'. Riggers, dipsys, three-way rigs......don't matter what you use as long as near bottom. Small worm harnesses and Warrior flutter spoons in UV perch pattern. 30 fish in less than two hours. 
Can't wait heading to dunkirk tomorrow for round 2

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk