Cayuga B & B Fall Trout and Bass fishing derby on Cayuga Lake

I think that number could easily be tripled if there was a more convenient weigh station towards the north end of the lake and ideally on the west side. For many with smaller boats and potentially rough water or excessive wind the trip south to weigh fish might be daunting and the distance by vehicle towing a boat is considerable as well for those who live northwest of the Ithaca locality. I know it may not be easy or perhaps cost effective to set up but could make a heck of a difference in participation.:)

Edited by Sk8man

I think that number could easily be tripled if there was a more convenient weigh station towards the north end of the lake and ideally on the west side. For many with smaller boats and potentially rough water or excessive wind the trip south to weigh fish might be daunting and the distance by vehicle towing a boat is considerable as well for those who live northwest of the Ithaca locality. I know it may not be easy or perhaps cost effective to set up but could make a heck of a difference in participation.[emoji4]

Yes, I agree. Like I said earlier, one of the issues is can we get into long point guaranteed without them wanting their hands in the prize fund. Bear used to have a weigh-in station at T falls, but that stopped because they started wanting to charge to get in just to weigh fish and they also wanted a certain amount of the prize fund. "Bear" is concerned that the same thing would happen at Long point. Also Dean's Cove is so small we don't want to have that as a weigh-in station due to parking issues. One of the best ideas that we've came up with was possibly launch a pontoon boat and keep it somewhere in that general area (north end). Could you imagine just motoring up to the boat and handing your fish over to be weighed in and then back out in the water you go. This has many advantages. One is the easy access for boaters and two, fish could be brought to the weigh-in station alive and in live well's so that they could be released if they don't meet the weight. Yes this doesn't work for the tournaments in the dead of summer due to the warm water on the surface but, it does work for those tournaments when the water is a little cooler and we can save fish. I hate to see fish killed trying to get to the weight-in station just to find out they don't make weight. Just my opinion. We will see. We will continue to try to make it better looking at the weigh-in station issue and the dates of the tournament as it relates to the FLTA tournament schedule.

Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Billy is right Pam's place (Brewer's Sport Shop) gets a lot of real good traffic and she's wonderful about serving fishermen from both lakes:yes:

Edited by Sk8man