Lake system rigger mounts

Xxx

I came across these Lake System riggers earlier this year, I knew the guy who had them and I also was told he only used them a very short time. Then hung on his garage wall for years. I got them home only to notice there is no mounts with them, and I never saw a rigger base like this?? Hmmm After weeks of searching only to be told good luck man. So I reached out to my LOU brothers and friends and a guy named Fishnut came to my rescue, he told me he could make me those bases. I told him he's my last resort and coming to my aide. Sure enough after a short amount of time the rigger mount arrived. To my amazement it was a masterpiece far beyond my expectations that's for sure. Then I needed a spacer block to fasten my new mount to a Cannon swivele base, so I took the whole works over to my buddy who has a machine shop and explained to him what I needed to done. First I need to fasten the block to the swivele base by those 4 screws in the middle that held the original Cannon spacer block and mount. Then I need to attach the new rigger base, so I need this threaded so I can attach the base from the top. I wanted all the holes recessed so I can use stainless steel allen head bolts. The above shows the stages. Somehow the paragraph go separated from the pics. and lost, so I did a quick summary..!!! Both these guys made it possible to use the old with the new and now I can use these riggers. I can't wait to have it all in working condition!!! A big shout out to LOU and my buddy!!  Thanks guys. PAP

image.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by pap

2 hours ago, ghostrider67 said:

Beautiful job hope they work well for you I've been using one for years

Sent from my SM-J327V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks ghostrider, I know the base will work as fishnut even pressure tested these bases as he made them and quickly determined that the first one was not durable enough, so added more fibers to the program plus added a different design that passed the pressure tests that he done by a landslide!!! and the mount itself is well designed and I very happy to be on the way to mounting these riggers. They are a very smooth operating units. Unlike the mag20's I have to run the 16# torpedos. I was told they will lift that amount of weight. Thanks for the encouraging words.. PAP.

The last one should be in the mail on Monday evening. I hope the work well for you Pap. Looks like I'll be making a couple for myself soon, I got hung up on an under water cable on Saturday and broke one rigger mount off completely and cracked the other one before I realized what was going on. You would think they would have **** like that marked or something. I was trolling for walleye 35 feet down in 70 feet of water. Turns out they replaced some under lake pipe a few years ago and left the old pipe or the cable there.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

I'll be sending it out this evening. Looks great.
I also have a friend that's been using lake system riggers and just replaced them with big Jon,s so now I have replacement parts for mine for a couple more years.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• 1 month later...
That would be great thanks I have an extra boom if you need it

Sent from my SM-J327V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Well the guy came thru. I have 5 riggers for parts. You need a spool, anything else?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app