Cayuga 7-30-17 and 8-5-17

7-30-17

Launched out of Dean's Cove fishing the flta Finger Lakes trolling Association tournament.. We ran to the east side and trolled North to some promising water that has been good to us this year and threw a few past years.. We set up shop in about a hundred foot of water running core's rigger's Copper's rig rods and a diver.. we picked up a few small fish trolling that area and gave it about 45 minutes before we decided that we need to look for a little different water so we turned around and went on a South troll back towards longpoint.. The South trolls extremely slow for a while until we moved out towards the middle and started to pick up some lake trout Iron Duke trolling flies Aqua UV Game Over and UV Wild Child started doing a lot of damage in the Middle on suspended lake trout down about 80 to 100 foot started picking up some good ones 7to 8 lb lakers and cut across toward sheldrake and got into some good salmon as well on Bellis tackle spoons but just couldn't get the quality size we needed.. We ran back to the launch early because it has been a zoo lately out of there and when we did get there we were early but still had to watch quite the show at the boat launch with pleasure boaters launching their boats and not letting and in an outline get going there was two in lines for quite a while before they let us start pulling out it was quite ridiculous to be honest with you some people just have no respect whatsoever almost saw a couple fights at the boat launch also (non club members).. We thought that we might be a little light at weigh-in but ended up fourth and retain the points lead going into our monthly break.. Definitely seems to be that you need a 30 lb box to even come close to winning a tournament on Cayuga which is pretty impressive feat

IMG_20170802_153048_712.jpg

IMG_20170802_152600_871.jpg

8-5-17 Margeit Tournament

Launch bright and early out of Dean's Cove it was a tough choice but decided to run south quite a bit almost three-quarters of the way to Tunkhannock Falls turned around and came back on a North troll fishing in about 100 to 200 fow... Fishing was definitely slow for about the first hour and then somebody turned on the light switch we had rods going off all over the place divers, cores and 300 copper was extremely hot with a Bellis tackle blue and silver spoon took several fish throughout the day including our nicest landlock which was almost 6 lbs.. We moved out to a little deeper water on that same troll and started picking up some extremely nice lake trout just off the bottom in about a 120 fow Iron Duke Aqua UV fly was definitely the super star of the day taking almost 80% of our big Lake trout.. Game over fly and a couple new UV flies I have not released yet also picked up some but not anywhere near the productivity of the Aqua UV... We had an extremely nice 5 fish box just over 30 pounds and headed to Weigh in and hoped that we would be someplace in the ballpark of pulling it off but that wasn't the case we ended up third place with 31.5 lb of quality fish.. Overall a extremely and well-run tournament could not believe the actual turnout I believe First Place took home around $1,050 ... The South Seneca Sportsmen's Club put on a hell of a chicken barbecue for us as well and overall a great bunch of people that we got to meet.. They announced that they were going to hold this tournament again next year and I highly suggest this tournament to anyone that fish is the Finger Lakes definitely a good time.. I would also like to suggest to the South Seneca Sportsmen's Club that they possibly think about having a spring summer and fall tournament I think they could easily pull this off with the amount of room they have and the facilities that they also have.... Great job to everyone who fished and supported a great cause hope to see you all next year..

Mike

20170805_155755-1.jpg

20170805_155812.jpg

received_1396489970387859.jpeg

received_1396490313721158.jpeg

received_1396490477054475.jpeg

1498731523979.jpg

1460473993119.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Well done in both events Mike. Your flies are deadly on those bigger suspended Lakers. I'd say your program is very consistently catching big fish on the fingers, keep up the good work! There will be a few of us guys chasing you till the last FLTA tourney..

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Well done in both events Mike. Your flies are deadly on those bigger suspended Lakers. I'd say your program is very consistently catching big fish on the fingers, keep up the good work! There will be a few of us guys chasing you till the last FLTA tourney..

Thanks John... I still think it's anyone's ballgame at this point.. Alot of good competition in this club and things can change in the blink of an eye.. Just gotta keep on keeping on lol...

Mike

3 hours ago, Nautitroller said:

1 hour ago, Iron Duke said:

Thanks John... I still think it's anyone's ballgame at this point.. Alot of good competition in this club and things can change in the blink of an eye.. Just gotta keep on keeping on lol...

Mike

Well said John and Mike it's shaping up to be a tight race for the last 3 events, without a doubt going to come right down to Canandaigua in October! John congrats again on your win in the previous tourney that made it even closer for sure!

Great report Mike! Was cool to read what you did out there. It was tight and we would have paid out more places if we had any idea how many people would sign up. You guys are always welcome to weigh in at the club as my guests and if you ever feel like doing a tournament together there give me a shout!

Great report Mike! Was cool to read what you did out there. It was tight and we would have paid out more places if we had any idea how many people would sign up. You guys are always welcome to weigh in at the club as my guests and if you ever feel like doing a tournament together there give me a shout!

Thanks Corey.. We are probably going to discuss possibly moving our weigh in spot for our Cayuga tournaments to the Sportsmen's Club if your club is on board with that?? I'm sure once some of the guys see your club you will probably get a few new members also.. Already looking forward to next year and any other tournaments you may decide to do and I know Iron Duke Trolling Flies will definitely make donations again for raffles or prizes.. Great job again on a well run tournament

Mike

29 minutes ago, Redeye87 said:

Bobby! Thanks for all the support buddy.  All your shares and efforts helped a ton.. 

Corey no problem all in it for a great cause! It was by far the best rule based finger lakes event I've fished that wasn't an flta event. Because no one else does box styles and it made for a great time! I can see this growing even more next year and would love to help in anyway possible again and to be honest I had far more fun in this event than the memorial day derby on Seneca. Would like to see it become larger aswell swells and maybe a few hours longer for us guys that struggle to want to quit early :lol: