Berkley Gorilla Tough

Has anyone.used this line on diver rods before. I run both wire and braid divers and only complaint with braid are the fleas. This stuff is twice as thick as normal braid with seems would help with the collection of fleas. I saw it while shopping today and had never seen it before. Thanks. 20170806_101439.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'm not familiar with that particular line but line diameter may not be the most critical factor. Line texture is what seems to make the most difference with fleas combined with the density of the fleas encountered. Although some types of fleas seem vulnerable to line diameter lines like braid and leadcore seem to load up more than certain mono like Sea  flee which has a slippery surface and at 30 lb test it usually also provides some relief in terms of diameter as well. I have had 6-8 ft long thick strands of fleas on 150 lb downrigger cable on Keuka Lake in the past and that suggested that for some flea densities at least diameter may not be the critical factor but the texture of the wire and heavy concentration of that particular type of flea gave us that "headache". It might be interesting to run one rod with it against one with your usual braid and see the result

Edited by Sk8man

Was thinking of trying it. When I first saw it I thought it was something like the old dacron line but I looked at it close and it's actually braided line the line it's self actually resembles lead core with out the core. Looks a lot thicker to. I thought the visability of it would be beneficial to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Anything is worth a try and you'll never know until you actually do try it but again I'd compare it right along with your other braid.

Edited by Sk8man

Sense we are on the subject of braided line, I am trying a new braid by KastKIng used it this season as backer on copper and lead core has been working great.it is a little thicker then power pro but not much. from what I see you can only get it on line, but about half the cost of other braid.

I think Sk8man is onto something with the texture... I've had great luck avoiding fleas with heavy 30-40lb test berkley fireline.  It has a similar texture to dental floss, been using it on diver rods.  They make it in a multi colored "tracer" also if you want to use reels without line counters.