8/2 Cayuga Lake fishing

Been a little slow posting this because I've been trying to get my scales verified. Great morning of fishing on a North troll from Myers to Rocky Doc in 300 to 400 feet of water. Best water was 45 to 70 feet down. Used two Dipsy's rods with spin doctors and Iron Duke trolling flies. The other rod was a combination of downrigger or 10 color leadcore using spoons. Caught six silvers and 11 Lakers during 5 1/2 hours. Anything colored blue for a spoon was great. The UV wild child and the double glow Iron Duke trolling flies behind any glow spin doctor was awesome. The big Laker in the photo was caught on a crush glow spin doctor and a double glow iron Duke trolling fly. The fish weighed 14 pounds on my scale and I wasn't sure if I could believe that. All I know it is the biggest Laker I have ever caught on my boat. Mike thanks again for your flies and suggestions.

GPTempDownload.jpg

Been a little slow posting this because I've been trying to get my scales verified. Great morning of fishing on a North troll from Myers to Rocky Doc in 300 to 400 feet of water. Best water was 45 to 70 feet down. Used two Dipsy's rods with spin doctors and Iron Duke trolling flies. The other rod was a combination of downrigger or 10 color leadcore using spoons. Caught six silvers and 11 Lakers during 5 1/2 hours. Anything colored blue for a spoon was great. The UV wild child and the double glow Iron Duke trolling flies behind any glow spin doctor was awesome. The big Laker in the photo was caught on a crush glow spin doctor and a double glow iron Duke trolling fly. The fish weighed 14 pounds on my scale and I wasn't sure if I could believe that. All I know it is the biggest Laker I have ever caught on my boat. Mike thanks again for your flies and suggestions.
GPTempDownload.thumb.jpg.c2bcdd46d5e55a531eca4c5d2006b86c.jpg

Great picture and one heck of a fish man!! Definitely looks in the ballpark of 14 to me.. Congratulations!!

Mike

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app