IJC Reducing Lake Ontario Outflow

You got that right gambler - we have had multiple concrete companies give a estimate to fix my parents break wall- you don't even want to know how much to fix it but they all say we can't do anything until the water level drops atleast a couple feet- I don't see how that is going to happen. The wall used to have water just touching the base of it an inch at best- I did a cannonball off of it on the 4th of July- last year that would have paralyzed me landing in 6" water

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Wanna guess what the maximal efficiency is for the hydro turbines? Might it be right near that 9900 threshold, magically?

If you think this was plan was anything but a big giveaway to shipping and hydro, you are sorely mistaken. It was chrony capitalism masked as an "environmentally friendly" plan that got rammed right down property owners throats. Some of the more vocal advocates of the plan have come right out and said that they don't think that "rich people" should have lakefront property and that that land would be better in the hands of the "public"

Chrony capitalism - well said rdebadts. [emoji106]government always has its own agenda and the hell with the people- I have probably expressed my political thoughts on here a bit too much in the past but this refers to both parties. They are all slime that talk out of both sides of their mouths depending on present company- it's all about $$$$

We WILL see this flooding again next year. Lake Erie is projected to be well above average again this winter. If we have an average or above average winter for precipitation, and the IJC does not get enough water out of the lake this winter, we are doomed!

On my recent visit to Clayton I noticed change in the harbor. Floating docks are going in everywhere to handle the changes in lake levels. I guess that is a response to IJC's dysfunction.

I think these high water levels are the new "normal". Floating docks are a way to adjust to the ever-changing water levels, but there are plenty of businesses, marinas, and individuals who can't afford to just go out and pay cash for new docks. Heck, look at how many state boat launches have been affected. I wonder if they'll raise the cost of boat registrations and fishing licenses to help pay for boat launch and dock modifications. They should make the IJC pay for that rather than the tax payers, sportsmen and boat owners.

Wow, hard to imagine how the home owners feel about that, sandbagged waterfront homes got hammered last weekend at cape Vincent, level is the same it was 9 days ago. They reworked the road out to Tibbets point light house, stones thrown into the road from high wave action last weekend .Sounds like a clown show managing water levels.