Hello Everyone

Jim K

Hello Everyone

I'm Jim Kinner, a longtime fisherman and diver. I fish the tribs pretty heavily during the runs.When I fish lake Ontario, I have a 12 year old  18 ft aluminum and a bunch of mostly 30 year old gear. Got riggers, Dipsy's and boards. Best suited to running spoons, as I have a lot of them. I do have some dodger and fly rigs, and a spin doctor or two. Also have some old J-Plugs. I don't know if anyone fishes them anymore? I'm located in Tonawanda N.Y. We mainly run out of Youngstown and occasionally Olcott. I like fishing the bar, and adjacent waters. I fish lake  Ontario only about 6 times a year. It's always nice to get current information & I hope this site helps with that. 

I have shot underwater video for years. here's my latest from the upper Niagara. Hope you enjoy it.

Edited by Jim K

Welcome to LOU Jim and thanks for the video very cool. Haven't seen that many smallies up close in a long while :lol:

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing the cool video.

I was waiting for those bait fish to mimic the ones in Finding Nemo, and form into an arrow to point you in the "right" direction :lol:. My son told me it was based on a true story, but he was real young back then.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, EsoxAC3 said:

Welcome to LOU. Your video was awesome. Very well done! When are you going to make a vid of the St Lawrence River? emoji12.png

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Thank you. I have quite a few on my you tube channel that were filmed in the St Lawrence in previous years.  This year, the only thing I filmed up there this year was a little piece on underwater lighting where I evaluated an inexpensive light  for sports cameras. It's intended for divers, but here it is.   

Picked up one nice coho and a laker trolling Ontario yesterday. Marked lots of bait.