Chirp Transducer and Fish Hawk ???

Mike M

Chirp Transducer and Fish Hawk ???

Which Lowrance chirp ducer will be compatible with my Fish Hawk??? Gonna buy a new FishFinnder/GPS plotter soon and don't want any problems with electronics that don't get along. I've heard great things about chirp ducers but my Fish Hawk is my MVP for catching fish. I've pretty much decided the unit is gonna be an HDS 9 gen #3. I know some don't like Lowrance but I've been running there stuff for 30 years and been pretty happy.

I think the potential problem you are referring to is because I believe the Fishawk runs at about 70 khz and any new full CHIRP covers an entire range from low medium and high frequencies. The medium frequency range would include 70 khz and therein lies the potential interference problem. It may be a matter of relocating one of the transducers or perhaps not using the medium frequency range. Maybe someone who has been through the problem can pipe in.

Edited by Sk8man

Your right Fish Hawk uses 70khz.  What I heard was medium chirp setting did not get along with Fish Hawk. So what chirp ducer do I buy for my HDS 9 gen3 ??

Call Fish Hawk...great company and great people to talk to for installation questions...they will help you with this. I am running a Garmin 7610XSV with a GT51- TM which is midband(medium chirp) and I am running in chirp mode with 0 issues.   Hawk ducer on port and Garmin on starboard.

The Medium Chirp setting on my Lowrance Elite 4 chirp, caused interference to my fish hawk. I changed to the high chirp setting and it was okay. The day this was happening there was no doubt of the cause. Since I prefer the medium chirp, I relocated the lowrance transducer to  the other side. It helped, and I also can select different transducers in the installation settings mode. Last few times out I have not had a problem no matter what setting I used. It is kind of weird really.  I would have to look on the box to see what transducer I have.

Thanks for responding Garymny. Think I read some of your previous posts and thats what scared me abit. Glad to hear things have improved. Sounds like separating the transducers made the difference. If you could tell me part # for your transducer that would help me in my purchase.

I just installed a 4XD on my boat and I have a Elite 7 HDI. The instructions read that the 50-200-455 units interfere with the hawk and those should be mounted one the opposite side of the transome. Plus backing off on the intensity of the of the 50 or the 83 will reduce the interference. My unit is a 83-200-455, so I opted to the opposite side just to be safe. I also called fish hawk about this interference mode and the man told me I shouldn't have any problems. I didn't get a chance to try it out:swear: because I got a phone call saying I needed to cut my trip short due to a family emergency!! So it will have to wait till I know what's going on for sure with my Father in law... I wish I could of tried it out :headbang:. But it's installed and hopefully that the last prodject I need to do!! LOL, till they come out with another must have item. LOL I wish you the best of luck with your new unit also!!  PAP