Haha! It's ok! Happy you're getting them to cooperate!!! Have fun! And I'm still well within in the learning curve... just a little further along, that's all. And still trying to figure it out! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

It was a good evening . Lost two kings at the boat . Man they are incredibly strong fish . Had a bunch of releases with only scales on the hook ??.  

Had no action for awhile so I dropped one down to 90 . That's when I got that first one . So I dropped all the others from 90-120 and the fun began . 

Just incredible fish to catch . Defiantly hooked .

i do need to invest in a bigger net . As a newbie I thought my 2 foot hoop would do . Nope . That cost me fish tonight . Trying to squeeze 10lbs into a 5lb sack 

I felt a bit under the weather but forced myself to go as it was my only opportunity till next week . Glad I went .

I make a point of never rushing them to the net just keep them swimming a couple feet under the surface when he is ready they will swim right to you to many hooks pull with them thrashing on the surface .

1 hour ago, f1sh-0n said:

Make sure you check the regulations its different for steelhead.  I believe that one was legal but it is one per person and it must be at least 21".   

Right on , after Luke brought it to my attention the first thing I did was check the guide . I certainly want to follow the rules. And ignorance doesn't mean legal lol !

I thought the rule of 1 per day was for the tributaries? The regulation is a little vague. But like JTowne stated. I don't want to break any laws. That can really ruin a fishing trip.

I copied & pasted this from the NY Fishing Digest online book.

Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout (including Steelhead), Coho Salmon, Chinook Salmon

All year

15″, except 21″ for Rainbow Trout or Steelhead

3 in any combination, not to include more than 1 Rainbow Trout (or Steelhead) in the tributaries

I'm not sure. That's why I wanted to ask. Last thing I want to do is get in trouble & lose my fishing privileges. I know the folks on this site who fish Lake O more than I do will no better than me. Been fishing it a long time, but only 1 or 2 trips a year & the regulations change all the time. Better safe than sorry.

B safe!