Ruff Rider Sodus Live Report Aug 11-13 2017

Wow, what a d***. Going through the chute at 5mph and the vessel Never Miss comes through at about 10mph, overtaking us. Aimed straight at us and got close enough for me to yell to make sure he saw us. Theresa was driving and had boats coming up on the port, so couldnt move over. As he got to within 5ft of us, I yelled and slammed the boat into neutral... he just missed us. His response "I was going in a straight line". Complete ahole and put my family at jeopardy. He then proceeded to take off on plane through the bay, only to get pulled over by the sheriff.
20170812_122441.jpg

There is always somebody out there operating on "low voltage" Nick. Let's hope he got a ticket and has his wallet lightened up a bit at least.

we fished from port bay . we heard you on the radio about the catch and release of the cheater getting broke off . we had about the same day as for catching fish.  7 for 7 . a few 1 year old and 2 year old kings . like to thank Hank ( L &M ) for the information about the road into the north launch, a bit rough but doable . was nice not fight to launch and load then idle to the lake 20 to 30 mins . we to loaded before the weather blew in too .  wouldn't want be down at the launch end when waves are busting over that road .  

Edited by fisherdude

3 hours ago, Ruff Rider said:

Wow, what a d***. Going through the chute at 5mph and the vessel Never Miss comes through at about 10mph, overtaking us. Aimed straight at us and got close enough for me to yell to make sure he saw us. Theresa was driving and had boats coming up on the port, so couldnt move over. As he got to within 5ft of us, I yelled and slammed the boat into neutral... he just missed us. His response "I was going in a straight line". Complete ahole and put my family at jeopardy. He then proceeded to take off on plane through the bay, only to get pulled over by the sheriff.
20170812_122441.jpg

I would have have been worried with a name like "Never Miss". You were one of the lucky ones. Perhaps he runs a salvage outfit?