Went out today, August 11. We went out to 500 feet of water. Caught a nice steelhead and then nothing for 2 hours. Lots of boats out there at that depth, and some deeper. Started trolling south and caught 2 more in about 475 fow. Water was 44 or 45 degrees down about 85. Trolled all the way in to 134 for. Nothing. When we got to the docks, an Ohio boat had caught 17! They kept their 3 man limit of 9. Probably one of the boats in the group we saw but we don't like to crowd in so I guess we never got into the fish they were all on. Oh by the way, even in 135 FOW we found 43 degree water down 80.

Sent from my XT1030 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It been good fishing offshore. Yesterday took about 2 hrs to get are 6 fish and today about 3 hrs. Riggers 60-90 wires 160-225 full core and 300 copper all took fish. Blue fairways meat less teaser with blue frog paddle. 42ed street paddle and pickled sunshine fly. Green dolphin SD and spook fly. Few steelhead on spoons nothing on meat. 480-520 fow.

Also planning to go out early Sunday. ...hoping for 2 s or less ...wave forecast changed for the better since yesterday . ..will check the lake at daybreak and hope for the best...would be a bumpy ride out to 500 ft in my 22 foot crestliner...nice thing is if their wrong...again...15 minutes gets me back home...I  feel bad for the out of towners  that roll the dice based  on an inaccurate wave forecast. ...

they say 1 to 3. it means it will be 2 to 6. Too rough for me to make the 8 mile run to 500 FOW. I have learned to wait for 2 feet or less, or 1 foot or less forecasts. 1 to 3, is iffy. Last sunday they said 1 to 3 I went out 1 mile and came right back in.