Wiring Electric Downrigger

Screamer

I bought a new pair of Cannon Electric downriggers this winter. Just looking for ideas on wiring them up. Does anyone use in-line fuses? Also I run 2 batteries that are wired to a battery switch. Do you wire the dowriggers to that battery switch also? Thanks for any information!

Screamer I would run 10 gage or better to your riggers and I use inline fuses but put them right at the batterys.I have a couple of friends that use extension cords and cut the plugs off there easier to run thru your boat.As far as the switch goes I'm not sure of so hopefully some one will answer you.You are going to love the electrics ;)

I wired mine to the out on the switch. This allows me to utilize either battery for their use. The onlt implement I wired to a seperate battery was my electric trolling motor. This will eliminate the possibility of draining both batteries. Another helpful tip if you install the switch is to not run the switch in the both batteries position. Excessive amp draw on your engines charging systen can result.

BS2