Steelhead tips

J-Lopez I don't target steelies specifically but what I do get them on usually is free sliders when I'm down 100' plus/minus with the riggers. I run orange or chartreuse evil eyes, even pick Cohos and Browns with them. 

Edited by Firechief48

450 FOW or deeper, keep baits in the top 10-100' (usually 10-50'). Orange and red are my best colors usually, but pink, blue, purple, and green are all good bets as well. Spoons and stickbaits are the way to go. Good luck!

Just picked up a 8lb 130 down over 300 with a superbait behind a mt dew flasher . Just set for kings and put on some bright colored cheaters above and you will catch what wants to eat color does not really mean alot after 60 feet ck out a under water depth color chart and you will see how fast bright colors fade to gray .

cheaters have been really hot for me this year.  prob about 50 % of my fish.  Just remember when the rod pops, reel like crazy until you catch up to the fish.  Very easy to think you missed one, only to find it sliding down the line and on slack.  

• Like 1

I run about 5-6 feet with a duo lock swivel to main line.  As above I like stinger spoons and Evil eyes.  Bright colors for steelies.  Gives you another chance at a fish without an extra pole.  catch a lot of steelies that way but have also done well this year on kings too