Prop size

Zinger11

You are going the wrong way. That pitch will decrease your RPMs by a couple hundred. Every inch of pitch equals about 200 rpm up or down , in your case I would guess with the bigger diameter and pitch you would lose 300 +rpms The bigger the diameter the slower it will go over a stock unit. In most cases bigger diameter props are for semi displacement hulls. What RPMs are you running and what is the motors advertised maximum rom range ?

Edited by Bozeman Bob

You are going the wrong way. That pitch will decrease your RPMs by a couple hundred. Every inch of pitch equals about 200 rpm up or down , in your case I would guess with the bigger diameter and pitch you would lose 300 +rpms The bigger the diameter the slower it will go over a stock unit. In most cases bigger diameter props are for semi displacement hulls. What RPMs are you running and what is the motors advertised maximum rom range ?

I have a 25 footer just put a new 5.7 and I can't get the rpms over 3000 underway but in neutral 3,000 RPMs is like a throttle

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I am going to assume its a inboard and the same cubic inch engine and it has been timed as well since you didn't answer my questions. Just cant see going any less than 15" in pitch on a boat that size . I am leaning towards something engine related like the carb not opening up all the way. Have you checked the linkage vs the movement of the carb linkage ? Really need more specific info