Where the fish at Cayuga

Mike if it were me I'd be motoring to Sheldrake and then come back north out in the middle or go over  to Longpoint for lakers

just came back from deans , i fished west side deans to sheldrake and back north pass deans and did 4 LL and 5 lakers , riggers 40 55 70 over 100 to 160 . talk to another guy at the dock he did well at wells college on lakers ...Good luck  

sun is out i would use uv spoons and flies 

0813170831.thumb.jpg.2c621283c09848a5cdc06a2c05ed6234.jpg0813170721_0001.thumb.jpg.33142fb025d1420cd8a878f743d51654.jpg

Edited by fisherdude

Had same problem from t falls to Kidders marked tons of fish but couldn't get them to fire. Boated 4 fish in 8 hours. Marked tons of fish and tons of bait. Tried every thing I had, uv ,paddles ,flies, spin doctors, spoons. Changed speed ,direction ,everything still no fish. Was a long 8 hours but nice day anyway20170813_100514.jpg20170813_123104.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I picked one small how before dark... bought the size you showed in 50fow. Bottom come up fast there by the bluffs by Sheldrake. Didn't have my boating all opened yet... was cranking my 80 down either up as fast as possible. Thought the wire diver was dragging bottom.. nope small bow. After I got line a back down, turned north, some idiot comes out no where and follows me 30 to 50' behind me. Whole lake to fish.... Gotta drive on my lines... I had a few choice words at the dock I wanted to say but some people are not worth the frustration. Never moved a rod after the north troll.

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using Lake Ontario United mobile app

We boated 4 total including the little guy. Had a hand full of short strikes on the rigger with no body home. The fish were all over the water column from 30 down to 80 and marked tons of them with tons of bait. Sometimes just hard to compete with the real thing I guess. Took a shot on a 10 core running down the shoot that I wish I could have At least seen the fish. Stripped a hole bunch of line off got the rod out of the holder and it was gone[emoji37] . Oh well good day anyway.

Did 60+ in 5 hours of fishing yesterday east side and middle from the flats to sheldrake and back to deans everywhere we went we caught fish had 2 friends on the boat with there little girls and they had a blast the girls were tired from fighting fish and I was beat from resetting like a mad man they kept 20
IMG_5856.JPGIMG_5858.JPG6BDF2039-DC79-4197-AF70-49B6C422087B.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Wow. Nice work I couldn't buy a bite on the west side.

West side was dead... can't believe it. Caught 8 really nice bows now nada. Very few marks. Most marks where 19.to 45 down. Riggers where at 45 55 moved one down to 75 then 110... dragging near bottom. Trying to take blow back into factor but I really just need to get a probe. Got to many other bills right now to blow more money on fishing.

West side was dead... can't believe it. Caught 8 really nice bows now nada. Very few marks. Most marks where 19.to 45 down. Riggers where at 45 55 moved one down to 75 then 110... dragging near bottom. Trying to take blow back into factor but I really just need to get a probe. Got to many other bills right now to blow more money on fishing.

Probes help with speed for sure but for temp fish the marks in guess the break was in the mid 50's is where the temp snapped and went cold Lakers were all over the upper 60s-80 very very active I use my wire divers to help with speed and current have learned to read the bend in the rods. I fished gps speed of 2.0-2.7 yesterday with my best results around 2.2

Can't seem to figure the wire diver out. Catch rate has gone down with dipseys since I switched from stealth braid to wire... tho, I can say the biggest ll I ever caught was on a wire dipsey... this is my 2nd year trolling. Just learning riggers now. I like the idea of knowing where my stuff is at but man are the clips I got a pain... uni-cannon clips... Only thing bass pro had when I went to meet the guy to buy my riggers. Should want to Pam and waited...

Did 60+ in 5 hours of fishing yesterday east side and middle from the flats to sheldrake and back to deans everywhere we went we caught fish had 2 friends on the boat with there little girls and they had a blast the girls were tired from fighting fish and I was beat from resetting like a mad man they kept 20
IMG_5856.thumb.JPG.9cfafc78fc596e844b15eb90510da0b7.JPGIMG_5858.thumb.JPG.89e2fae994794db39aaefb8e22404b1b.JPG6BDF2039-DC79-4197-AF70-49B6C422087B.thumb.JPG.a786774c3fd1ecab6e3f6681235ea1f4.JPG

Holy heck of a day...can I ask what the bite was on? Spoons flies everything lol....seems like with numbers like that you could throw an empty hook and still catch them....well done

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Holy heck of a day...can I ask what the bite was on? Spoons flies everything lol....seems like with numbers like that you could throw an empty hook and still catch them....well done

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Spoons were, the meat of the program but did have 3 flies in the water and they were also busy busy but spoons where better producers for me