Henderson Harbor Salmon Fishing

27 minutes ago, hard knox said:

Talked with a guy at the boat launch 3 weeks ago said he caught 37 lake trout out there i was like wow great job man then this past tuesday ran into him again asked him if he slayed them out there today he replied yaa caught 37 lake trout and 4 kings .All i could do at that point is laugh my ass of to myself . My buddy had a saying all fisherman are liars except for you and me and sometimes i wounder about you ! HOW TRUE LOL

I'm sure he meant that he caught 37 lake trout and 4 salmon so far this season :thinking:

I'm not sure that the fly would move correctly to entice a hit with out the flasher making it pulse, but I could be wrong. Have you tried a 6' lead from dipsy to flasher, the 22-24" to fly?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I like longer dipsey leads typically 10-12', but have had 6' leaders from dipsey to flasher catch fish before.

Lake was rolling today. Made one pass with the waves from 1100-1230 after perch fishing this morning. . Picked up one 25 ish lber, 220 dipsey meat market/ pro am. IMG_9533.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Kings are in the Trench Heavy!!!!!!!!!!!  Coming in in waves like normal at night Every morning the past few days the screen Lights up more and more by the day.  Ol fruit basket with meat over the normal  contour has been hot than a damn pepper sprout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Pound that damn flasher over there head has been the key.  They been firing up at all times during the day.   Water temp has been a non problem.   Kings been coing form warn water

Bumpy out there today boys, fished the trench for 4 hours this morn. 2 knockoffs, 0 solid hits. Not worth the punishment of 3 to 4 foot rollers in a 19' Aluminum. Still cranking. Some marks here and there but nothing exciting. Sounded like from the radio chatter some of the boats were getting a few further out

Fished the trench 0730-1030. Boated two matures at the northern end. Lost one and broke another off at the southern end, 95 fow 85 down. Many knock offs. Lake was a lot calmer this morning than yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

That's good to hear the fish were in the trench especially further back because if this wind keeps up that's about as far as I'll be able to get out this afternoon, I'm guessing it's not any calmer out there than it was this morning. Going to give it another go in a little bit, let you know how it goes

Got two in the Box, temp stayed stable conditions are much better. 49° 90 down. All flasher fly bite nothing on spoons or Meat.

Where are you fishing? PM me if you want.

- GBL

Puffer II: 1802 Trophy

Green Boat: 1966 Starcraft Mariner-V 14