Newbie asking for fishing tips

Newbie asking for fishing tips

Hi guys. Andy here, new to Ithaca and trying to go out fishing tomorrow. Not fully geared up yet. Only have a 5-6 ft fishing rod now,  a bunch of lures and no boat. 

I am living at Cornell University. Hope you guys could share some tips about where to fish, what fish to target and what kind of lures that work. Tons of thanks in advance. 

Andy 

FYI, if there is any fishing club or anyone up for a coffee, please let me know. 

Check out Cayuga Tribs for fall browns. Dec has pdf files of all public fish areas. Pan fishing is usually pretty good out of Dean's cove. Some times you'll get bass and perch. Sun fish mostly if gobies are not thick. Use a bobber if they are. Minnows will get perch. Tiaganock falls you can catch just about anything. I personally have never had any luck there. Drop shot works great with live or plastic bait. There is also Seneca lake access in Watkins. I don't know much about over there tho. There is also Sampson. You'll here stories about crazy fishing there but the fishing was slow there last year.

Good luck out there

Stupid phone keeps editting what I type. ..

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Butter milk falls gets a spring run of trout from the lake and there are stocked creeks all around you there.  Also look up at Salmon creek for trout in the spring.   Some good hunting to and a lot of state lands open to you.....jk