2015 Tohatsu 9.8 4-Stroke

bwmartz

2015 Tohatsu 9.8 4-Stroke

I am selling a 2015 Tohatsu MFS9.8L 4-stroke tiller outboard motor. It is a 9.8 hp with a 20 inch shaft. The motor has forward, neutral and reverse. I have used it as a kicker for a year (purchased new summer 2016). The motor has less than 30 hours on it, and was serviced for the 20 hour break in service. This was completed last fall before stored. Has never been stored outside. The motor has the balance of the 5 year factory warranty. I am selling because I need a 25 inch shaft on new boat. Serious buyers only. Asking $1650.

Tohatsu 1.jpg

Tohatsu 2.jpg

27 minutes ago, jboto18466 said:

Electric start also?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

This model is not electric start. It is a pull start, but obviously fires first pull.

I have the same motor only electric start with a 25 inch hooked up with an itroll and linked to the main, these are great Motors. Easily save $1,000 over a comparable Mercury which is built by Tohatsu anyways so basically you're paying all that extra money for matching paint and stickers which I couldn't justify. Good luck with your sale

6 minutes ago, FishnChef said:

I have the same motor only electric start with a 25 inch hooked up with an itroll and linked to the main, these are great Motors. Easily save $1,000 over a comparable Mercury which is built by Tohatsu anyways so basically you're paying all that extra money for matching paint and stickers which I couldn't justify. Good luck with your sale

Thank you!  I have had no issues with the motor at all!  That is the exact reason I went with the Tohatsu in first place.  I plan on getting another, but I need the 25 inch shaft for my Crestliner.

Guys would you think this would push my 22ft Sea Ray Cuddy, she's a tank!! I mainly fish eyes, but also chase silvers so it would need to push 2.3-2.6 and maybe due to currents up to 3mph, but I fish with the waves. My old 15hp Evinrude does the job. But now I hav her in peices and it's getting time to retire the old ****.

Pap,

it will push my 21ft crestliner 7mph, but I have never pinned it to get a max speed.  I am fairly certain you would have no problem doing 3mph.

Mike I have a 2016 electric start 9.8 Tohatsu and it has more torque than my previous 9.9  2 stroke Johnson which had more speed but less torque than this 4 stroke. This Tohatsu 4 stroke is great for trolling and I no longer need to use my big motor when going into the wind and I don't use any steering connector at all. Top end 6-7 mph vs. 9-10 mph on the old motor but what I wanted was increased steering and torque into the wind while using normal trolling speeds and it delivers.

Edited by Sk8man

Thanks for the encouraging words guys if it pushes a fiberglass Trophy then it will definitely do the job. Les I know you told me before you don't use a steering rod, but could you explain to me again how you do it??. I just looked at where the unit is $hyt that's a 5 hrs ride. Right now my life doesn't give me that kind of time, until I find out more about a family medical situation!! If it hangs around that long all is good, but right now I can't do it. Mother of pearls anyway!!!

8 hours ago, pap said:

Thanks for the encouraging words guys if it pushes a fiberglass Trophy then it will definitely do the job. Les I know you told me before you don't use a steering rod, but could you explain to me again how you do it??. I just looked at where the unit is $hyt that's a 5 hrs ride. Right now my life doesn't give me that kind of time, until I find out more about a family medical situation!! If it hangs around that long all is good, but right now I can't do it. Mother of pearls anyway!!!

Pap,

Could always meet you  somewhere.  I am on the road a good deal for work.

Mike - I just use my main motor to steer and I sometimes (depending on wind may have to point the 9.8 ever so slightly toward the big motor) which then seems to use both to steer. Anyway it works well and it is great not having to mess with the rod setup. I gave my EZ steer to a buddy for his boat. The extra torque from this motor makes all the difference in the world going against the wind. bwmartz I apologize for hijacking your ad to explain things:)

Edited by Sk8man

14 minutes ago, Sk8man said:

Mike - I just use my main motor to steer and I sometimes (depending on wind may have to point the 9.8 ever so slightly toward the big motor) which then seems to use both to steer. Anyway it works well and it is great not having to mess with the rod setup. I gave my EZ steer to a buddy for his boat. The extra torque from this motor makes all the difference in the world going against the wind. bwmartz I apologize for hijacking your ad to explain things:)

Les,

By all means!  That is the point of LOU, to help fellow anglers!