Nice Laker on Cayuga

Nice Laker on Cayuga

Hey guys this is what happens when you don't enter the derby !!! , had alot of fun this past Saturday and Sunday we travel up from Pa so getting to the ramp at dawn doesn't happen to often especially when your fishing buddy is your wife :lol:. We got to the ramp at 9;30 and thats when I realize that Barneys derby was going on .We ended up with quite a few lakers including this 31 incher and also a nice brown that hit  very shallow in the water column with very little line out , he came flying out of the water right in front of me I kept him on for the first jump but he came up again and threw the jig it was a hoot !!! 

Laker 31 inch.jpeg

Didn't take the time to weigh him as I wanted to get him back in the water , he recovered fast and headed down .Cinnamon did you measure yours just curious what he might have weighed compared to yours .

Edited by chugbug

Thanks guys , sure wish I was closer and good get up there more often it was a good weekend !! 

Mike glad to see your still slamming the big ones and getting the kids out on the water too thanks again for all your help .

Edited by chugbug

1 hour ago, chugbug said:

Thanks guys , sure wish I was closer and good get up there more often it was a good weekend !! 

Mike glad to see your still slamming the big ones and getting the kids out on the water too thanks again for all your help .

Hey.....nice fish. Last week I caught a Laker 36 inches and weighed 14 lbs. In Cayuga! They are out there. Again....congrats!

15 hours ago, chugbug said:

Nice Laker on Cayuga

Hey guys this is what happens when you don't enter the derby !!! , had alot of fun this past Saturday and Sunday we travel up from Pa so getting to the ramp at dawn doesn't happen to often especially when your fishing buddy is your wife :lol:. We got to the ramp at 9;30 and thats when I realize that Barneys derby was going on .We ended up with quite a few lakers including this 31 incher and also a nice brown that hit  very shallow in the water column with very little line out , he came flying out of the water right in front of me I kept him on for the first jump but he came up again and threw the jig it was a hoot !!! 

Laker 31 inch.jpeg

Check out BIG LAKER by katydid on Aug. 7