Little Sodus bay

Little Sodus bay

So I have rented a cottage on Little Sodus bay from 8/26-9/2 and have never fished here.  I fish with my kids and I will fish for anything as long as we are catching fish.  I am not set up for trolling but do jig for trout in the finger lakes. In general I am wondering how the fishing is in the bay itself?  How is the bass fishing and are there any pickerel or pike in the bay?  My son really wants to catch a toothy predator!  I would also be interested in any info on Small mouth fishing in the lake and even may give jigging out there a try for trout /salmon.  Thanks for any info on the area and I will make sure to post our results from our vacation!

Thanks for the link, I will take a look at it. 

Every see the videos from Eric Haataja?  He jigs for kings in Milwaukee and it looks like an insane time!  I wondered why no one tries it here on Lake O?  Trust me I was thinking that it may be a good time to try it when we are up there next week.  I was also thinking more along the lines of jigging for the Lakers too.

We will see what I come up with next week.  Thanks again!

The bay has been a bit slow for largemouth this month, but you will find them here and there in all different depths.

The pike will be in the same general area as bass and they hit anything I'd be throwing for bass. I'd recommend throwing spinner baits for them rather than something slow moving like rubber worms/drop shot because they seem less likely to break off spinnerbaits. 

• 2 weeks later...

So the week went well! Some may argue that we did good but I did everything I wanted to. My son had fun every morning and evening and I got his twin sister to get out a few times too. We got largemouths every day and my son got the biggest at about 4-4.5 pounds. 3 full days of fishing and we got at least 10 each day.

I hooked a monster pike then my son got focused on his bucket list to get a pike so I took the twins out trolling with deep diving rapalas. We got 2 nice pike, my daughter's was 30" and my son's was 29 1/4". Then my son got a 25" casting one morning.

My son and I found where the smallies hang out so we started targeting them. Didn't hook many but they were feisty!!

Unfortunately I had to battle the wind every day which made controlling the boat a bit difficult. Then the big winds started Wednesday night, actually lost the boat off the dock due to the winds and older dock lines.... so the boat came out yesterday. No fishing for our last 2.5 days of vacation.

If I can figure out how to post a couple pics from my phone I will get them up. If not I may post some when I get to use our computer.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 2 weeks later...