for sale : usa 18 foot Caravelle- Turn Key for Salmon and Walleye-$3000

garrymny

18 foot Caravelle- Turn Key for Salmon and Walleye-$3000 OBO.

Selling my Boat. It is totally set up for Salmon fishing, or Walleye in Lake Ontario and Erie. I finally got a new boat, so this one has to go.

Deep V boat. High Sides, very stable. Registration says 18 foot, but it measures about 17 1/2. But, this is a deep, big boat, high sides, closed bow, DRY RIDE

70 HP Johnson, Starts and Runs perfectly.  Pushes boat at 22 MPH 

9.9 Evinrude Kicker, runs flawlessly.

RAYMARINE ST 1000 AUTOPILOT- bought this year. Push the button and forget about steering. Tend your lines, and land your fish. Works perfectly in heading mode, have not tried GPS mode.

Lowrance Elite 4 chirp bought last year

3 down riggers, 1  is a Big Jon Electric, Two are Riveria Manual. Only two are mounted on the boat

Planer Board Mast, reels new line. (No Boards). You can use mine as pattern  and build your own, easy to do for about $30.

All interior lights are LED

SHORELINE easy load trailer with LED lights, bearings repacked last year and has bearing buddies.

Spare tire

All tires  two years old. 

25 gallon under floor gas tank, aluminum. new sending unit. Fuel lines to both motors. 

Bimini Top. bought last year

Boat Cover

This boat is not a looker, (exterior) but it is a great fishing boat. The interior is very nice (all NEW). Has built in cooler in the floor and storage in the floor.

Only thing it needs is a paint job to make it look great, but for fishing, who cares?

Cheap way to get on the big lakes. TURN KEY and go!   I have used it extensively the last two years after totally rebuilding the floor, stringers and transom with marine plywood and Epoxy Resin.  Totally dry when you pull the plug after a days fishing.  You know what you are getting if you buy this boat. I have all the build pictures and I know it is stronger than it was new. Interior is totally newly refurbished with marideck floor, swivels seats, all nice. The Boat needs a paint job if you want the exterior to look good.

Video links of boat on lake ontario this summer: 

https://www.facebook.com/100009592542009/videos/vb.100009592542009/1811313125865088/?type=2&theater

https://www.facebook.com/100009592542009/videos/vb.100009592542009/1842212699441797/?type=2&theater

I posted some pictures of two years ago, during the rebuild. It was done right, stripped down to nothing but the fiberglas hull. Picture below does not show the Downriggers or Bimini Top.

Image may contain: outdoor

Image may contain: phone

I am  located in Clarence NY.  716-481-9875.

IMG_2983.JPG

IMG_2988.JPG

IMG_3057.JPG

IMG_2977.JPG

IMG_3052.JPG

transom rebuild.jpg

floor looking back showing resin coat.jpg

floor showing resin coated.jpg

Edited by garrymny
added link to videos

Thanks, Decoy Hound. We put the new (to me ) boat on the water today. It worked perfectly. It did take on 5 to 10 gallons of water though. Lost a 25 pounder  at the net AGAIN. Father in law has bad knees and he is not stable enough to net them. He feel just as I was leading him to the net. Hook caught net and pop. Gone.  Only had 3 bites today and lost them all. I got a 22 foot Grady white, 1982, with 175 HP evinrude that is 1992. Need a long shaft kicker now.

It's not easy fishing with someone who has a hard time standing, that's why we have the office stool. Now he sits and reels the fish and we net for him. 

Do you know why your boats taking on water? It sounds like an awesome big water boat!

13 hours ago, Decoy Hound said:

It's not easy fishing with someone who has a hard time standing, that's why we have the office stool. Now he sits and reels the fish and we net for him. 

Do you know why your boats taking on water? It sounds like an awesome big water boat!

we tried to see where the water got in, filled it about 8 inches deep, no leaks. But there was a long ways to go before the water would get to the  drain holes on the side. I suspect one of them is leaking.