Cayuga report 8/18

Headed out yesterday out of deans cove. On the water by 7:30 shot south to long point and trolled north. Tried targeting anything other than lakers at first. Ran spoons and flies and stick baits on riggers at 60 and 80 and two divers of the side out 200-250. Nothing but lake trout. I could not get anything to bit other than lakers all day. Afternoon shot down to sheldrake and trolled north back to deans. Didn't get much just a few smaller lakers. Weeds were bad on the east side and flees almost on every pole. What am I doing wrong!! I want anything other than lakers!!!! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

i don't think your not that far off base . i have been fishing west side from deans north and south 90 to 200 foot 35 to 70 down getting mix bag of fish . speed 2.4 to 3.2 . pink tuxedo cold uv a mi stinger spoon been doing the job well.. lakers like it too tho LOL. when i hit bait pods i work the hell out of them then move on to the next bait pod . speeding up and down  when seeing marks making zig zag turns ... Good Luck 

Edited by fisherdude

6 minutes ago, Bassin Bob said:

Another thing is the shallower you run your down Riggers the farther back you should run your lures. 30 ft down 60 feet back or more. 60 feet down I run 10 ft back for lakers. For salmon and browns I go 30 to 60 back. You have to give them what they want.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

good point my lead from the ball been 60 to 80 feet 

Was that your size 2 foot for reference Mike [emoji38] Good going..nice LL

LoL should of put the kids foot in there it would of looked a lot bigger. These LL's are chunky this year. Got this one as I was ready to call it a day. Always a nice surprise when your pulling lines in and one rigger starts going nuts

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using Lake Ontario United mobile app