Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pequod1

Keuka 8/19

Keuka 8/19

I spent the day looking for perch but could not get away from the bass.  Never realized how many there are in this lake but all I can say is if you drop shot small crayfish in 20-30' just about anywhere on the Penn Yann branch, you will not be disappointed. I wanted to see how many I could actually catch and release  and counted 20 that came to the boat. Ran out of crabs early and switched over to plastic with almost the same results.  What a great bass lake.

Yes, a lot of three pounders.  Average around 15-16". Only three or four small ones that I did not count in my total.  Even found a largemouth in the stomach of a perch!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• Keuka Lake updates on lake trout fishing

Has anyone been fishing Keuka lake. Will be heading there in two weeks to do some fishing. staying at the State Park and will be launching from there. Anyone doing any good?

in Finger Lakes Discussion

• Canandaigua vs Keuka

Where’s the better chance to catch laker or any trout species for that matter     Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Keuka jig bite Memorial Day weekend

Had a blast jigging for lakers on Keuka Lake this past weekend.. Boated about three dozen in three days. Nearly all the fish were caught in 50-65 FOW, near bottom, though one chased the jig up and smacked it at a depth of 20 feet. All were the typical size for Keuka: 18-24 inches. Don't know what they were eating as they were all released.  First day I found a bunch of fish in one location, next couple of days they were more scattered and had to try several spots, getting a few each place. This

• Keuka north west wind

Friday forecast 10-14 mph northwest wind so would it stand to reason Branchport west side would be best choice to shoreline cast for pickerel and troll for some trout.Llast week was so calm got spoiled out there in the sun.     Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• keuka lake

Has anyone had any luck on keuka lake? I’m thinking about going to give that a shot tomorrow.     Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app