Im going to be doing the same...coming up this afternoon or tomorrow AM. Would someone be so kind as to post a wave height report? I don't want to make the drive, with only the NOAA to trust.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Naw, they got pushed west from the Oak by East wind Thursday then shoved up against the south shore by a strong north to south current yesterday. When those kings get their bearings...,,,they gone. Get them while you can. 

I heard some guys did good inside we were 15-20 out in 450-500 straight out with 24'23&20lb fish broke 2 big guys off another came unbuttoned ..got 3 steelhead 8-10lbs ..we had a productive day ...didnt start out that way guy f lys out stops right next to me started to set up in neutral nobody at the wheel dam near runs over my board then figures out what he's doing and turns out but then a red bass looking boat cuts between him and my boards he could have spit on them ...took out my 400 copper ..only blessing was I was just setting up I could have had 4 in

Sent from my SM-G928V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

14 hours ago, lt119 said:

I heard some guys did good inside we were 15-20 out in 450-500 straight out with 24'23&20lb fish broke 2 big guys off another came unbuttoned ..got 3 steelhead 8-10lbs ..we had a productive day ...didnt start out that way guy f lys out stops right next to me started to set up in neutral nobody at the wheel dam near runs over my board then figures out what he's doing and turns out but then a red bass looking boat cuts between him and my boards he could have spit on them ...took out my 400 copper ..only blessing was I was just setting up I could have had 4 in

Sent from my SM-G928V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Some people don't have a clue!! makes you wonder how they've made it this long on the up side of dirt!!

8/21 did ok for being solo. Boated a 23lber, 18lber, 10lber all on big 12" paddles and flys. Lost a high teener at the boat. Green and White both worked. Got fishing in 430-470 FOW, 70-90' down w/ GPS reading 2.1-2.4 mph. Got a 22" steelhead on a 10 color leadcore dragging a magnum spoon, blue dolphin.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

On 8/21/2017 at 0:54 PM, Fishnut said:

Some people don't have a clue!! makes you wonder how they've made it this long on the up side of dirt!!

I had a similar experience noonish Sunday out front Olcoot around 400 FOW.  2 guys in a red Lund fishing w/ no boards just 2 poles on riggers.  I was headed back south where it was less bumpy and he north slightly off my port side.  We were quite a ways off from each other so I angled to starboard inside of him and he turned pretty sharply inside of my track so I angled back to port.... then he also started to angle back and missed my boards by maybe 50ft....  I ran a big loop.to get back on track and this same boat is now heading south same as me off my starboard side slowly drifting toward me forcing me to head SE.... There was nobody for miles and this ... "other person" not going to say boater... not worthy of the term boater basically harassed us for an hour.  I have had close calls in traffic but to have a boat shadow me like that... not sure the guy's issue heck even if he felt I was in the wrong to get so close to my boards in open water is just plain irresponsible.  

I honestly feel the guy was harassing me on purpose.  He was in a red lund for sure, I got a good look at it.  Never had that happen when it is just me and another boat in open water but if it ever does again I will snap a pic or 2 for sure.