We started today right where we left off Saturday (though a bit later due to some strange intermittent electrical issues?). We set up in 200 fow on a nw troll at about 7 am. We were immediately into fish, with 4 hits in about 3 minutes on the set up, but we only boated one small king from that flurry. We would pick at them all am from 200-260 fow, but it was a MUCH smaller class of fish. Mostly 1 and 2 year olds, with not a single legit screamer. We had plenty of bites (18 bites in about 3 hours)- and on the way in at 10, we hit what should have been a quad on a nice bunch of steelies, which was pretty cool. We kept 6 for the grill, and released a bunch. Same baits as yesterday- mostly a spoon bite off the rigger, with a few shots on flasher fly off the dipseys.

Temp and fish were much deeper today. Temp was about 100 down, and our riggers were parked at 95-118 all morning, with mag spoons being the best option. Dipseys 270-350 also did fish. Nothing on meat or j plugs, though we did run them all am.

Back to Sodus tomorrow.

IMG_5420.JPGIMG_5422.JPG

The Fishin' Physician Assistant

Go inside the big boys have came from offshore as temps have straightened out. 48 thermos down 90. The offshore fishing had to end some day.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I've been checking inshore to start the day, and the screen was just barren in there all week. Guess I should have stopped short today, but I knew I had a short trip so far just ran to my numbers from yesterday. Whoops

The Fishin' Physician Assistant