Thinking about fish in Wilson NY

Thing about fish in Wilson NY

I using fish out of Point Breeze but thing of hauling our 23 ft boat up to Wilson on Tuesday.  We never been there so looking for some help where to go out there and depth where they are catching them. Should we go over towards the Niagara Bar or no never been there either.  Also where can we launch our boat out of.  Thanks for your time

Edited by Nathan Bloom
I wrote things instead of thinking

Lake Erie water flowing over the Niagara Bar is rich in nutrients, plankton and phytoplankton that feed the forage bait fish that bring on the salmon and trout. The drop offs of the Bar hold a lot of fish. Wilson is twelve miles east of the river and afternoon winds back to Wilson are better to ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

On 8/23/2017 at 7:11 PM, garrymny said:

Is the Launch at Tuscarora back to normal, or do you still have to motor over to another floating dock?

When I was there first week of August the ramp docks were still submerged but ramp was open.  Call Kevin Jerge at Wilson Marina for docking/accomodations.  Wilson fishing is tougher in the late summer but you have the chance for some exceptional fish.

Launched today out of state park. No problem at all.Headed north west towards the bar. Set up in 180 ft of water & trolled west. Best water was 180 -210 ft . White spin drs with atommik stud flies early & went to chrome or uv two face spin drs with atommik  goldie locks & uv190 flies when the sun got higher. Landed 8 broke off 3. All fish 15-20#.

57 minutes ago, dmd113 said:

Launched today out of state park. No problem at all.Headed north west towards the bar. Set up in 180 ft of water & trolled west. Best water was 180 -210 ft . White spin drs with atommik stud flies early & went to chrome or uv two face spin drs with atommik  goldie locks & uv190 flies when the sun got higher. Landed 8 broke off 3. All fish 15-20#.

ok so the dock is no longer under water?