Modified Inline Planer Boards

You have nothing to lose the mods can be undone . use a carpenters speed square to get your 45* angle. I modified a set of the TX44 with good results running 300 copper . Also by raising the attaching point the boards wont dive as easy.

I don't like the bent arms for me but have the tournament upgrade kit on all ten of my walleye boards and I run all 10 sometimes.  I send them so far out that you can't see them in some cases.  I haven't pulled more than a 150 copper but hard pulling cranks with a couple clip weights or Jets with weights are routine.  I run big boards some too but the inlines out perform them for walleye hands down.  If you struggle at all trolling your doing something or several things wrong.  Take a charter and explain what you want to learn and it's really not that difficult.  

11 hours ago, Mike M said:

Don't do it! I did the mods on 6 walleye boards. They ran worse. Called Church and talked about it, they knew all about blood run video. Church does not recommend the mods on that video.Ended up buying 6 new arms to replace the ones I bent up with the lighter. MHO.

Here's the thing I learned... with these mods done the boards work better at pulling heavy stuff (ie 300 copper) BUT they will run worse at pulling lighter stuff (shallow diver). Once you do these mods the boards are pretty much dedicated to running heavier stuff. I have a 3 sets of un-modified boards for browns/walleye and 2 sets of modified ones for running coppers and leadcore.

I think the problem is I have the smaller version of the boards. I mean come on. It’s not rocket science attaching them to the line. I did the mods. And the performance just isn’t anywhere near what you guys are telling me. Maybe the larger version is what I need

I'll have to try moving my line down to the bottom of the board, only thing I could see making that negate itself is the drag in the water from the clip. Might try to bend that clip up too. My boards are the Cabela's boards so basically an off-shore with a moveable weight. I have tried sliding my weight all the way forward but she starts to dive hard in rough weather. Right now my boards are balanced well so I will see if these mods help.

Edit: I usually run between 6 and 8 rods on the in-line boards if I want to run more I get my big boards out. It is nice setting multiple lines to different set backs and being able to run them like that all the time. I can reset a middle line no problem using the in-line boards compared to the big boards.

Edited by Chas0218