Eclipse Fishing 8.21.17 Canandaigua Lake

With my wife and son and my mom niece and nephew it's not like we got an early start but I searched for some marks before we set the lines. They were anxious and before you know it and before I knew it we were in 55 FOW with balls dragging and dipsies banging bottom we were hooked up. Nice bow and laker on the first north troll with the waves. As the eclipse approached the wind lied down and we hit another laker on a rigger. Trolling south but again wind had stopped. While we brought the third fish to the net a laker on rigger the 200' copper on a board started peeling drag. I grabbed it and knew it was a good one. The kids all had a chance so I gave the rod to my wife and let her bring this one in to the net. We ended up 4/4 over 3 hours the last bow was 3.8 lbs and hot around 1:15 just as eclipse was beginning. We swam after to cool off and and watched the eclipse with welding goggles (13 protection). It was a sight to see, without the goggles we would not have seen anything. We could really look at the sun for a few seconds and see the eclipse and then look away for safety sake. We panfished during the eclipse and could not get bit. Heard crickets and cicadas as we were close to shore when swimming during the eclipse it was evident there was something going on. Sun was less intense and it felt cooler. Awesome day spent with family.IMG_6148.JPGIMG_6149.JPGIMG_6150.JPGIMG_6151.JPGIMG_6153.JPGIMG_6154.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by FLXTroutman

Mike I thought that was you I seen on the east side around the eclipse time, sweet boat... We had all the guys from work down to his place on the lake just south of where you were targeting panfish.. Woody