for sale : usa 1986 Johnson 30 Hp outboard [project] $100

1986 Johnson 30 Hp outboard [project] $100

Long shaft with controls... motor always started and ran perfectly, for years/... It was running perfectly while I was fishing on 8/21/17 at Cayuga Lake and just died, mid lake.. started and ran again for a little while and then quit for good.. took me 3 hours to get to the ramp with my emergency 2 HP motor..

It has good spark, and both cylinders are 120 PSI compression.. Took carb off and cleaned it, but that didn't help.. With excellent compression, and good spark it has to be fuel related, but I have no spare carb to try, and really don't want to mess with it any longer, i was going to sell the boat anyway.. Its a project motor, that Monday at 9:30 am was running great, and at 10 am was not running at all.. Its a little dirty looking could use some paint and clean up.. prop is good, it pumps water great, and was running fine until it quit.. Actualy, it does start, but dies quick. If you are good at outboards, and have parts or can get them cheap, it might be a good deal for you... If nothing else, it has a LOT of good parts... starter, coils, CDI, Lower unit etc... First $100 takes it... bob  
email ...

[email protected]