Had planned on fishing with a good friend but his work commitments kept him from being able to go and my son had camping plans so it was so or no go. I decided to fish.

8\17 drove up from Vestal and hit the water around 7:30. Fished mainly from 200 to 270. Worked a N/S troll with my rigger at 74 and two dipsey's with flasher flies. Two face spin doctor and a stud a white and green spin doctor on a stud. Started with a season sick waddler and then a 42nd good back both mags. Boated my first solo double posted that story already. The green spin doctor was my best set up.

8/18 Hit the water early and basically worked the same water and set ups. Ran one of my favorite flasher fly set ups for awhile green fire works with an ague with no luck. It had been on fire last two trips but couldn't get a release on it . Steady pick of fish. But only one nice one 18.5 that I got on a green tuxedo stinger. Had two in the box and got another 5 lb King on the tuxedo . I released it and it was a floater so counted it in my box pulled my gear and headed in. Went 7 for 11 and thought I had a pattern set up.

8/19 BLOWN OFF!

8/20 Thursday and Friday I had dropped my probe down in 135 feet down 50 and it was 45 degrees after the blow on Saturday it was now 70 things had changed. Went out to 220 50 down 70 degrees 90 down 60 degrees. Went out to 450 looking for stable water. Well the temp out there was 140 feet down. Set the gear and it was a bit snotty out there especially solo. Steady pick of smaller fish but I was getting beat up pretty good had two in the box and decided to head in. Spent some time straighting up the boat I decided to go to the Black North for lunch. Sat there listening to a couple of charter guys saying people had done well in shallow and the guy that one the KOTO had fished in side and weighed in 3 fish that went 77 lbs. Finished my late lunch and looked out at the lake at it had laid down. Said to myself you came up to fish not drink let's go. 5:30 went west about 2 miles hit 170 feet dropped the probe down 120 and it was 46. Went NW and got a Skippy after 20 minutes . My son texts me that he had got Monday off and would be fishing with me. Very nice! Nature calls and I go to the back of the boat to relieve myself mid stream off goes the firecracker paddle with an ague fly and it's screaming. Fish on! Go to grab the net and of course it is hung up in the front eye lit of my port side planer board pull. Put the rod in the holder and get the net free, I don't know how it even fit in the gap but it did. Get it out and the fish is still on. Nice 25 lb King. My biggest this year.

8/21 Got out about six and set up in about 100 feet. Get everything set up and we have marks and bait but nothing is going. My son decides to change out a spoon and some how the rod goes over the back of the boat. Brings up the rigger and it hadn't released we get the rod back. Pick up a Skippy and then two around 18 lbs both of a dipsey's on a one setting out 244 green dot spin doctor aqua fly. Little later two more on the same setup and a couple off spoons.

Slows down for a while then we have two hits on spoons that break us off right on the strike. No pole shake after the hit nothing just snap gone. We check our line for damage after just about every fish.

Around noon we double on two nice coho's same flasher at 240 and a caddy shack paddle with a stud. Not sure what we ended up yesterday but it was great fishing with my son.

Overall a great trip. I came close to not going but I'm sure glad I did.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Lake Ontario United mobile app