26 Penn Yan / 454 Crusader SOLD

greybeard

Want to buy a bigger boat and this one needs a new home, make me a reasonable offer and take it home, 10K OBO

1984 Penn Yan 26 Open Fisherman with 10 foot beam, conventional IB,

not a tunnel drive, . The boat recieved new stringers and a new transom core, The exterior was professionally refinished with single stage polyurethane paint above the waterline. including the interior, excepting the non-skid liner. All thru hulls above and below the waterline were replaced with bronze units, The boat has three 2500 GPH bilge pumps and a freshwater washdown pump,

2 new 27 series marine batteries and selector switch and 2/0 battery cables.

. There is an extra 17 x 15 Nibral prop included, I bought this for a spare. The work that still needs to be completed is a headliner and hull covering for the cuddy, also the head needs a new holding tank and hoses installed, Ill do this work for a buyer if they buy the materials, no labor,The motor has about 900 hours on the meter, and the trans has less than 200 since new, This is a sweet running boat that cruises at 28 MPH @ 3100 rpm and tops out at 38 MPH at a bit over 4100 rpm

The boat has a totally level floor from the helm to the stern, no dumbass motor box to get in the way, almost 100 sqaure feet of open floor.Electronics include a, Sitex CVS 106 with bronze thru hull transducer, A Garmin GPS map 162, and a new Uniden DSC capable VHF. Also, the boat has a Simpson Lawrence

windlass, and a new 150 foot rode with Acco chain, which makes anchoring and pulling a flip of a toggle switch.

2462742874_e580791cb9_m.jpg

2461897505_bbe2e66da8_m.jpg

2462722036_1bf8423348_m.jpg

2462737234_4789247f27_m.jpg

2461922315_c35a4401c7_m.jpg

2462748774_5eea042711_m.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I took this boat for a test ride late last season and it was nicely done up, no back drop at the time and the owner quoted a few hundred bucks to finish it off not counting back drop, prolly 4 to 500 for that.

She was clean, owner was a stickler on the price, wouldn't budge, and yes for a first time owner with a true inboard single screw it takes some getting use to, but not as bad as most people make it out to be, once you get some time under your belt its not that bad at all. Even more time under your belt and it gets easier.

Sharp boat for sure,

Tom

• 2 weeks later...
new price, boat is out of water, it needs to go

And what would that New Price be? Last I read was 10K and you would complete the cuddy and replace the holding tank and hoses for the buyer. Has it been Winterized for the season. It could go real quick. Let me know.

The price is 10k and thats as low as it will ever be, If I cant get 10K Ill keep it and use it as my health permits or use it as barn decor,, if anyone has questions, Id prefer a fone call as my typing skills sux, the boat hasnt been winterized yet, but will be by this coming weekend, SUPPOSEDLY, I have a buyer coming with cash from Port Clinton 2morrow, if the deal closes , Ill update this post, if it doesnt, the boat is availabe for sea trials for SERIOUS buyers with a deposit as I would have to haul and relaunch it, I can be reached on my cell @ -8-1-4-7-1-5-1-8-9-9-