greenboatluke I'm as green as can be, only been there a couple times, got some downriggers

to try, the original plan was a few days and it got cut to 1. I hope to try again in a couple weeks but maybe they'll be in the river by then !

Check the weather and push back your day off one day

if you have to. Suppose to get bad. Don't expect to get out an hour after the small craft advisory is lifted. Takes a while for the lake to calm down.

Edited by seeyawader

There r plenty of fish in Mexico Bay if you r unfamiliar with running the cut to get to the tench I think your nuts Keep it Simple go out of catfish and you have a PM

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

There r plenty of fish in Mexico Bay if you r unfamiliar with running the cut to get to the tench I think your nuts Keep it Simple go out of catfish and you have a PM

That's my plan. Never stayed or fished out of Catfish before. Looks like the weather is going to be on my side. Hoping for a good weekend with the family.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

go out in front of the plant ck temp out over 140 curve if you find temp break fish it to were it hits bottom and just out beyond last time i was there temp break was at 90 and bite was at 100 to 130 over 140 feet .

Headed out of Stony this morning and hit the Trench... large rollers on the way out. Ended up landing one. 2 came off. One broke the leader, one was user error. A good amount of short hits that came off. Flasher/Fly bite. Salmon seemed to be hanging out of temperature. IMG_7016.JPG

- GBL

Puffer II: 1802 Trophy
Green Boat: 1966 Starcraft Mariner-V 14

Headed out of Stony this morning and hit the Trench... large rollers on the way out. Ended up landing one. 2 came off. One broke the leader, one was user error. A good amount of short hits that came off. Flasher/Fly bite. Salmon seemed to be hanging out of temperature. IMG_7016.thumb.JPG.c34335b5d007046f98901b5a3c3b5d2a.JPG

- GBL

I made it out of Cat fish around 630. Headed north and had a good screen when I got to 150 (was a waypoint from last year). I was solo and the waves were too much for the ipilot, so I headed in. I'm new at this. Where is the trench? I've heard about it. Im head out again in the morning around 6. Also first time with a radio, what channel does every use?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Trench is between black river bay and the main lake, starts around Henderson bay and runs up beyond the stony point lighthouse. 75-140ish fow. On a Southwest or Westwind  it can be brutal as it funnels  the waves  in. Fishing can be very good once you figure out where they are  but it can also be very frustrating because all the warm water tends to get blown in  and you can have good temp one day and then 70° top to bottom  in 120 ft of water  the next . Little early for the Kings to be far back in the bay as I discovered earlier this week and unless you have good weather or a large boat it's tough to get out far enough. Can be accessed either via the Stony launch or Henderson launch. I go there just because it's my closest launch but a lot of the options further south and west tend to be more consistently productive

A lot of us use channel 68. There wasn't much chatter today, but with more guys out for the weekend, you should hear some banter.
Winds look good for the weekend too. Stony Creek launch is a shorter run to the deeper Trench (closer to Stony lighthouse) than Henderson, but pick your poison and have fun. The line in the pic is the rough run of the Trench. IMG_6647.PNG

- GBL

Picture is worth a thousand words. That looks like a short run but I could see funnel. Such a great app. I'll have to try that next year. I live in lake george area, but since I got turned onto Lake O last year, I'm trying make it 2-3x a year now. This is 3rd this year(limited success). I've been trying different places each time. I want to tackle the bar/Niagara river this winter.

14 hours ago, greenboatluke said:

A lot of us use channel 68. There wasn't much chatter today, but with more guys out for the weekend, you should hear some banter.
Winds look good for the weekend too. Stony Creek launch is a shorter run to the deeper Trench (closer to Stony lighthouse) than Henderson, but pick your poison and have fun. The line in the pic is the rough run of the Trench. IMG_6647.PNG

- GBL

Luke, what app is that?  Navionics?

Luke, what app is that?  Navionics?

Yes. Navionics. Totally worth the year subscription for your phone. If you zoom in the contours get crazy detailed. I love it.

- GBL