Cannon Repair guy

Mag 5 HS Rigger is 4 years old, I bought it new. Stopped working at all under warranty- took it to Screwy's got it back, worked fine for 3 trips and stopped working completely again. Took it to the guy near Lockport, he fixed it(not under warranty) then it worked for 2 trips and stopped working completely again. Board was replaced each time. Something more must be going on with this thing- was going to have the board removed this time. Any thoughts?

I had a Mag 20 that was eating boards.  Come to find out, the rubber switch cover was cracked and water was getting in and was the cause of the board failure.  Once I changed the rubber boot over the switch and the switch, the problem went away.  I can help you change a board if need be.  It is really easy. 

Edited by GAMBLER

56 minutes ago, GAMBLER said:

I had a Mag 20 that was eating boards.  Come to find out, the rubber switch cover was cracked and water was getting in and was the cause of the board failure.  Once I changed the rubber boot over the switch and the switch, the problem went away.  I can help you change a board if need be.  It is really easy. 

How much are boards/ where do you get them? I'm pretty good with electrical stuff, with some guidance from you I'm sure I could manage.

56 minutes ago, Broadhorizons said:

Andy, there is nothing on those riggers you can't do. I'm sure you are mechanically inclined enough. At the most, you need to turn a few screws, the board has plug connections.

Fish 307 has all the parts you need.

:yes:

All you have to do is unplug the old and plug in the new.  Make sure you reseal the cover. 

When I was running Cannons I got the best service and repair from A & P Custom Tackle 518.283.5920. He an athorized cannon repair center. Knows em like the back of his hand. Ask for Peter Schumann.. Really fast turn around time was my experience with A & P. I did switch to Scottys in 2012 and have been very happy. Not bashing Cannons at all. Made the switch with a new to me boat and have had no issues with the Scotty 2116's.

When I was running Cannons I got the best service and repair from A & P Custom Tackle 518.283.5920. He an athorized cannon repair center. Knows em like the back of his hand. Ask for Peter Schumann.. Really fast turn around time was my experience with A & P. I did switch to Scottys in 2012 and have been very happy. Not bashing Cannons at all. Made the switch with a new to me boat and have had no issues with the Scotty 2116's.

X2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Lake Ontario United mobile app