Oswego 8/20-8/23

Oswego fishing was awesome before the cold front went through. The mother load of salmon was out there from 90' to 120' of water. Atommik meat on the Atommik stud meat rig in the sun or the atomic meat rig in glow green in low light was on fire. Also white green dot spinny with stud fly in the sun and glow hammer and glow green flies on a glow green spinny in low light was also on fire. Could not buy a bite on a spoon. 500 copper with meat was best rig for us. Sonar pic below was basically how it was both days we could get out before the front came through. We lost a couple bruisers at the boat. both. Its to bad this front messed the fishing up but thats Lady O for you.

Oh, and also love my new hummingbird sonar. It absolutely kicks my Lowrances butt with picture quality and live tracking of targets. We could watch the fish swim up to the rigger torpedoes and watch them hit!! :)

Two thumbs down to the city of Oswego for getting rid of security for the docks and not hiring a full time fish cleaner at the fish cleaning station this year. :envy:

IMG_0747.JPG

IMG_0766.JPG

IMG_0760.JPG

IMG_0751.JPG

1 hour ago, MikeyP said:

You mentioned security. Was anyone messing with your boat?

Luckily no. But i heard on the radio while out trolling that someone at the dock had their boat broken into. The city is happy to take your money but now they are cutting all the extras like security and fish cleaning.

39 minutes ago, steelfire said:

Luckily no. But i heard on the radio while out trolling that someone at the dock had their boat broken into. The city is happy to take your money but now they are cutting all the extras like security and fish cleaning.

Not too happy to hear this. I dock my boat at the marina.

West troll we were doing 3.5 to 4.0 to maintain 2.3 down speed. East troll for us we kept the motor at an idle because the current was pushing us 2.5 to 3 all on its own. A  North -South troll was best and easy to maintain our 2.3 we like troll at.

30 minutes ago, steelfire said:

West troll we were doing 3.5 to 4.0 to maintain 2.3 down speed. East troll for us we kept the motor at an idle because the current was pushing us 2.5 to 3 all on its own. A  North -South troll was best and easy to maintain our 2.3 we like troll at.

Sounds right