1 minute ago, Traveling Circus said:

The launches at the Fort are no problem to launch from..... We launched there this morning.

7 fish, one steelhead, one coho, one atlantic, and the balance kings, but nothing over 15 lbs.....

lots of traffic at the can.......

Thank you 

Nice fish! 

We fished it Saturday morning. 9 fish boated, all kings but nothing over 12 pounds. Only kept one that was gill hooked and not going to make it. Traffic was insane! We kept running into a guy that was fishing out of a blue Lund using his bow mount electric to steer with. He was not paying any attention where he was going while setting out his rods. Got close enough to have a normal voice conversation with him. He spouted off about outside boats need to yield to boats on the drop. I said nicely that he pushed us out in 150' of water and that there were two other boats outside me that he pushed out as well. He looked at his fish finder, shrugged his shoulders and finally turned back in towards the drop. We just turned around heading the other way at that point just to get away from him. We came back up and low and behold the same guy decided to turn around right in front of 4 or 5 boats to get back on the drop going the other direction. Yelling at other boats to get out of his way. I promptly name him Mr. Ontario, because his family MUST own Lake Ontario. LOL!

There are some bigger fish there. Our friend was fishing right along side us and got 4 up to 24 lbs. They dropped 5 others. It's only going to get better in the next two to three weeks.

If you fish it, keep your cool and don't let Mr. Ontario push you around!

It's funny you say this stuff I know the exact guy who he is. I told him I must have a bull's-eye on the side of my boat. He told me the exact same thing I need to yield. He loves coming right at me I've heard he's had problems with several people. What a shame we all can't get along out there.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I found it interesting that looking at the LOC winners and top placers for salmon since 2014, very few have come from the Niagara River Bar area. Just an observation. I would think the big river would draw lots of big fish. I know the summer derby was won by a 34 pounder from the bar, but that is not the norm.....I want to get out there myself and try t, likely on sunday. I fished it a few times last year in the fall....you are right, it was a zoo.