Wood preservative

Xxx

Wood preservative

Can someone please tell me the name of the stuff that preserves the wood and makes it stone hard again?? I have a little soft spot on the floor of my "around home boat" will repair come winter, but it's right where you need to stand to operate the riggers. Thanks for any help. PAP!!

Yes that's it!! I had a major brain fart and for the life of me couldn't remember what the hell the name of this product was. Much appreciated thanks Laker!! PAP!!

Pap if you want that stuff to work ... you really need to get that wood as dry as possible.  I see a lot of stuff that like and "git rot" (a more popular injectable wood hardener) come through the shop . When I rip it out to replace the wood . Only the exposed dry sections hardened. ... all those products are is a thinned down epoxy. Some of them are quite expensive and really not worth the effort if unable to dry the wood .  I would slap a chunk of plywood over it as a band aid untill you have down time to fix right. As I'm sure you know if there is rot there.... there is more where you can't see . Just my two cents .i see a lot of money thrown at magical chemicals that end up in the dumpster in chunks of soggy wood.

Thanks for the knowledge of how this stuff works JTowne!! Actually this could have been avoided as I knew the owner, my uncle!!, he is the cheapest F'k that ever walked!! He used regular 3/4" ply wood and yes I helped him put it in, all the while thinking this is a waste of time. Then he goes to Cabela's and buys that rubber based paint with sand in it. Never thinking I'd be the owner of this boat. He had to get it out of the campground since he sold the camper to my other uncle and I. Long story short he offered it to his kids and grandkids and no one would go up and get it!! That the deal you pull it home and it's yours!! So he asked me and well, now I'm the proud owner of a 18ft Larson with a 3.0 I/0 the under side of the floor/ stringers are in excellent condition. So I'm slowly outfitting this boat as a fishing/tube pulling boat. Thanks to all for pointing me in the right direction. PAP!!